Landmines cause lags and construction bot AI issues

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
terror_gnom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Landmines cause lags and construction bot AI issues

Post by terror_gnom »

Hi,

first, I have to say thanks for the awesome game :) I wasnt so addicted to any PC Game the last few years then I am now to factorio :P (I did play 160h the last 2 weeks :shock: )

my game started to lag at some point (fps ~22-24 ups 44-48) and i did some research what caused that lag.
I think, its an issue with landmines, especially when they are placed near the waterside. Entity Update did take ~20-25 ms. When I did remove the Landmines near the waterside, Entity Update did go down to ~10ms and the more Mines I remove, the lower Entity Update goes (atm round about 2,5ms).
And here came a second bug. I told my construction bots to remove the minefields, but they did regularly stop working and were vanishing in the roboports. Sometimes they stop when I´m near the roboport network, sometimes they start working when I come there... I dont know what they do.
I also deactivated all mods, but it didnt change anything.

In the attached file are 3 safegames and the used mods.
The highest influence on entity update had the minefield at cu_n2, especially the mines at the right side of the outpost.

PS: I did load the savegames to check where the player is, and it didnt lag (but entity update was still very slow and varied heavily between the saves)

I hope this gets fixed, because i like blowing up the biters :D
Attachments
landmine_bug.zip
(67.56 MiB) Downloaded 178 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Landmines cause lags and construction bot AI issues

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. I optimized landmines by a factor of 4 for the next version.

I'm not sure what you're referring to with the deconstruction of the mines by robots - can you make a different bug report with a save and steps to reproduce the issue?
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

albatrosv13
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by albatrosv13 »

deleted
Last edited by albatrosv13 on Thu May 19, 2016 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

terror_gnom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by terror_gnom »

I´m student and done with the spring exams ;) So I didnt do anything else than partying and playing :D

*edit* thanks for the fast fix :)

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”