[0.12.1] [Michal] Last inserter at a station misses cargo wagon

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Alvin853
Inserter
Inserter

[0.12.1] [Michal] Last inserter at a station misses cargo wagon

Post by Alvin853 »

The last wagon of a train does not trigger all inserters that could insert into the wagon when entering a station. For example: Image
When adding another wagon at the end the inserter works just fine and inserts the items in the wagon, but without extra wagon the inserter just doesn't realize there's a train even though it could insert.

To reproduce: have a train with 7 wagons at a station, build all inserters that can load into the 6th wagon, then take 7th wagon away, and the next time train enters the station the last inserter won't load the 6th wagon.

johanwanderer
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.12.1] Last inserter at a station misses cargo wagon

Post by johanwanderer »

You can enable the debug mode ((F4 / F5? ) to see the actual hit boxes of the wagons. Is this something that worked in previous versions? I don't like long trains because of this very reason. It's so difficult to line up all the inserters.

Alvin853
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Alvin853 »

How is this not a bug? When I place the inserter and a train is at the station it works just fine, but the next time the train enters the station the inserter doesn't get triggered. Seems like a bug to me

jorgenRe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jorgenRe »

I did have something similar happen to me as well, but I'll check the bounding box to see if somethings wrong; ).
Logo
Noticed the told change in FFF #111 so il continue to use my signature ^_^
Thanks for listening to our suggestions, devs :D!
I would jump of joy if we could specify which tiles spawned in a surfaces

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Alvin853 wrote:How is this not a bug? When I place the inserter and a train is at the station it works just fine, but the next time the train enters the station the inserter doesn't get triggered. Seems like a bug to me
Are you sure it got to the station automatically? If you put it there manually, some small movement could make it different.

Alvin853
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Alvin853 »

kovarex wrote:
Alvin853 wrote:How is this not a bug? When I place the inserter and a train is at the station it works just fine, but the next time the train enters the station the inserter doesn't get triggered. Seems like a bug to me
Are you sure it got to the station automatically? If you put it there manually, some small movement could make it different.
Yes, when at the station, I can pick up the inserter, and place it again, and the inserter works, but the next time the train gets to the station it's not working anymore, until I pick it up again, and so on...
Also if the train were longer, by an extra cargo wagon or a locomotive, that exact same inserter suddenly works fine, and inserts into the wagon it's supposed to, but when that wagon is the last one the inserter doesn't get triggered.

jorgenRe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jorgenRe »

Okay something is defintialy not right here look:
Firstly. Notice that wagons bounding box:
Those inserters marked in blue are not working even though the chest they are inserting to is empty!

This second one is even weirder
Notice how they clearly should be able to empty that wagon.
Now i found out that if i turned the inserters a full 360 degree all of the inserters once again worked(each had to be turned 360 degrees)!

So my only guess is that it may have been caused by the fact that the inserters where sleeping, but for some reason not waking up again.
It should be noted however that the inserters did wake up again if the same train arrived at the station again(on auto)

So my only guess may be that it may have something to do with saving and sleeping and so it will all be fine again when the train returns.

Though i did not manage to recreate the bug once again.
Logo
Noticed the told change in FFF #111 so il continue to use my signature ^_^
Thanks for listening to our suggestions, devs :D!
I would jump of joy if we could specify which tiles spawned in a surfaces

Alvin853
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Alvin853 »

I did a minimal example to further explain/elaborate:

it seems the shortest train that is able to reproduce the problem has 3 wagons. As shown in the picture, the very last inserter does insert into the wagon when placed initially, but after the train returns to the station it does not get triggered automatically and stays idle, until I rotate it 360° or pick it up and place it again. When adding a 4th wagon at the end, the inserter works fine again and inserts into the 3rd wagon as soon as the train stops at the station.

Hopefully the problem is more clear now, should be easy enough to reproduce, I enabled the tile grid so you can see exactly where everything is placed.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.12.1] [Michal] Last inserter at a station misses cargo wagon

Post by posila »

Thanks for the report. Fixed for the next release ... hopefully :)

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”