[Oxyd] Game crash when set_command invoked on empty group

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Kevin94
Inserter
Inserter

[Oxyd] Game crash when set_command invoked on empty group

Post by Kevin94 »

I'm currently programming my own scenario and trying to command the biters. As it seems this doesn't work if the attack target is more then 50 tiles away, so I'm planning to guide them myself to the target. Everything is still very WIP and I encountered a crash when setting the command on an empty unitgroup (because all members where killed). It isn't a problem to check that manually, but nonetheless needs to be fixed. You can find the scenario script in the attached savegame.

And another request: Could you provide more details about the different commands and their parameters, the wiki is not helpful here. I haven't found any use of the options except "attack". How go_to_location, build_base and wander work is quite obivious, but compound and group are not.
Attachments
_autosave3.zip
The autosave only seconds before the crash.
(2.27 MiB) Downloaded 161 times
factorio-current.log
(4.3 KiB) Downloaded 135 times

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [Oxyd] Game crash when set_command invoked on empty group

Post by Oxyd »

Fixed in 0.12.4. Calling set_command will now make the unit group invalid, so your script still fails on the following line as you're now accessing an invalid Lua object. But the game now doesn't crash.

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [Oxyd] Game crash when set_command invoked on empty group

Post by SHiRKiT »

Kevin94 wrote:And another request: Could you provide more details about the different commands and their parameters, the wiki is not helpful here. I haven't found any use of the options except "attack". How go_to_location, build_base and wander work is quite obivious, but compound and group are not.
They are still working on it, for now, if you find something new, please post on the wiki. Also, try making the use of the help() method on most objects, they should guide you. Print it at the console a bit and you'll see.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”