[0.12.8] Factorio gets stuck after start

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
grimduck
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.12.8] Factorio gets stuck after start

Post by grimduck »

From version 0.12.6 the game does no work for me.

After auto update factorio restart but does not give a window also no error message.
In the task manager it is running but using max CPU and stuck at around 4156K of memory (second start it is at 4136K).

I've rebooted my laptop, same effect.
I'm using the 64bit windows version.
I've tried installing from the installer, same effect.
I download the 0.12.6 version, this starts up without problem.

Reupdate via auto updater, same effect.

I have an ATI HD 5730 Graphics.

My wife has the same mods setup and she has no problem. But I delete all mods and still same effect.

Attached the log from at this moment as I downgrade to 0.12.6 and the log from 0.12.8 that is not working.

Please note that the problem start from 0.12.7 on.

Those are the facts, on to guessing :)

I presume it as something to do with my graphics card and the fact I cannot upgrade my driver (every upgrade make windows no longer boot). In the release post from 0.12.7 another guy had the same problem.

In the release note of 0.12.7 I can see "Added force-opengl value in config (under graphics). When set to true, it forces to use opengl on windows instead of D3D." but I do not find this in the config.

Hope you can help
Attachments
factorio-current 0.12.8.log
not working
(378 Bytes) Downloaded 83 times
factorio-current 0.12.6.log
working fine
(4.45 KiB) Downloaded 98 times

Berserker55
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.12.8]

Post by Berserker55 »

Your log stops very early in 12.8 Maybe some files are broken? You could download the 0.12.8 installer/zip and go from there, just in case the auto updater messed something up.

The opengl option is in the config.ini, not in the config menu.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.12.8]

Post by posila »

Hi, thanks for the report. This is already fixed for 0.12.9 (I also attempted to fix it for 0.12.8, so I'll go double check just to be sure).

Problem is that your laptop has multiple graphics adapters, and the one you want to use (Radeon HD) is preceeded by inactive Intel graphics adapter (you can see that in logs from 0.12.6). Until 0.12.9 is released, you can downgrade to 0.12.6, or you can setup your graphics drivers so that Factorio runs on Intel graphics card. Switching to OpenGL won't help unfortunately.

Duplicate: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... hp?t=16598

grimduck
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.12.8] Factorio gets stuck after start

Post by grimduck »

no problem running 0.12.6 at the moment. I totally understand this type of problem :D just released a new version of my software at work and broke something obscure at one customer ... no stress.

I'm pretty sure my hardware is of the more obscure type.

thank you for the reply.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”