[0.8.7] Script error in the first demo level

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
kowkillar
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.8.7] Script error in the first demo level

Post by kowkillar »

As a potential buyer I was looking at your demos and I think the experimental demo might be a little to experimental. Once it gets to the part to craft a stone furnace I get

"Error 2 while running the event handler: ...s\Factorio_0.8.7.8135\temp\currently-playing\control.lua:256: attempt to index field'stone-brick' (a nil value)"

Then the game crashes to the main menu. I realize that this version is expected to have bugs and I'm not entirely sure if this is the best place to put this, but it seemed like a good idea to get this out there. I am throughly enjoying the stable release demo though and will probably purchase this as soon as the budget allows.

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Exp Build Demo 0.8.7

Post by slpwnd »

Thanks for the report. I moved it to the bug reports section. This is a bug indeed and we will fix it. And yes this is one of the reasons why the experimental is marked experimental:)

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Exp Build Demo 0.8.7

Post by kovarex »

Thank you for the fix as well, you saved us the humiliation of having this kind of bugin the stable release we were expecting 0.8.7 to become.
It got fixed in the 0.8.8 and is released already, so I move it to resolved bugs.

kowkillar
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.8.7] Script error in the first demo level

Post by kowkillar »

No problem. Glad I could help. :)

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”