Small issues

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Small issues

Post by ssilk »

#1 when I fill up my inventory with the logistic bots they insert the items not in already existing stacks. This depends on, which side of the hotbar is currently open. This is very confusing, cause it happens to me often, when I fill up, that I have then no stacks left and I need to look manually into all the stacks, and put two half stacks together

#2 when requesting one Roboport I get two - depends on item stacksize of the bots. About the same problem as with the requester chests in 0.7

#3 the collision boxes are sometimes not understandable. Example: I can walk between labs, but not between lab and chest. Some more of such things.

#4 the signals should not be destroyable by car (not understand why I can drive over splitter but not over signal, which is more flat)

#5 the splitters. I stated in the wiki, that the left input has priority. But I found now some situations,where it isn't the case. It was so, that the splitter just took 50% of each input belt. I do not understand in which situation it prefers the left input and when it makes 50% (made many setups, but I didn't found out the rule). Whatever is correct, they should behave in every case equally, because this is important. (Me would like this left input preference, because that enables sophisticated things, but if it is clear in which situation this behaves different that would be really nice).

#6 the middle-lane problem (last week) is sometimes quite annoying. Can be reproduced best with a train station, 7 chests, 7 inserters put the stuff on a belt, 3 from left, 3 from right, one in the middle, in can be seen, when the outer chests begin to empty.. Beginners won't understand, how this can happen.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Pandamonium
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Small issues

Post by Pandamonium »

ssilk wrote:#6 the middle-lane problem (last week) is sometimes quite annoying. Can be reproduced best with a train station, 7 chests, 7 inserters put the stuff on a belt, 3 from left, 3 from right, one in the middle, in can be seen, when the outer chests begin to empty.. Beginners won't understand, how this can happen.
any inserter that comes in from the middle has the same effect.
Whilst I actually like how it works right now (gives flexibility), i think creating (internal) colision of things on the belt with the "side of the belt" could resolve the [deemed] issue.

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

@4 Signals.. flat?
How would the train see them from just-big-enough distance if they were flat?
(No idea how they currently look, though)

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Hmmpfff... Do you know the Women pictures of Picasso? They show women faces from different angles. The signals and the lamps have the same kind if "multiviewability" ;)

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

That link didn't how any multi-viewable image.
Given it's picasso.. I think the reality will be stretched a lot to achieve picture's multiviewability

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

I'm thankful for any bugreport, but PLEASE keep different reports in different topics, because I have no way to manage it like this now. (https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... p?f=7&t=68)

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

:roll: :oops:

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

I will edit this post ...
ssilk wrote:#1 when I fill up my inventory with the logistic bots they insert the items not in already existing stacks. This depends on, which side of the hotbar is currently open. This is very confusing, cause it happens to me often, when I fill up, that I have then no stacks left and I need to look manually into all the stacks, and put two half stacks together

#2 when requesting one Roboport I get two - depends on item stacksize of the bots. About the same problem as with the requester chests in 0.7

#3 the collision boxes are sometimes not understandable. Example: I can walk between labs, but not between lab and chest. Some more of such things.
ssilk wrote: #4 the signals should not be destroyable by car (not understand why I can drive over splitter but not over signal, which is more flat)
This was annoying me as well, so signals now act as "floor object", same collision layer as transport belts (player can walk over, but can't build over).
ssilk wrote: #5 the splitters. I stated in the wiki, that the left input has priority. But I found now some situations,where it isn't the case. It was so, that the splitter just took 50% of each input belt. I do not understand in which situation it prefers the left input and when it makes 50% (made many setups, but I didn't found out the rule). Whatever is correct, they should behave in every case equally, because this is important. (Me would like this left input preference, because that enables sophisticated things, but if it is clear in which situation this behaves different that would be really nice).

#6 the middle-lane problem (last week) is sometimes quite annoying. Can be reproduced best with a train station, 7 chests, 7 inserters put the stuff on a belt, 3 from left, 3 from right, one in the middle, in can be seen, when the outer chests begin to empty.. Beginners won't understand, how this can happen.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Most of it was solved, so I'm moving this to resolved bugs.
You can always report problems in individual topics, for persisting problems.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”