[0.12.26] [Oxyd] Linux Clipboard issues

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
d3phoenix
Inserter
Inserter

[0.12.26] [Oxyd] Linux Clipboard issues

Post by d3phoenix »

Kernel: Linux 3.13.0-79-generic x86_64
Desktop: XFCE 4.11
Factorio Version: Linux x64, zip version
Mods: Tested with a freshly downloaded clean zip w/o mods, and the behavior still occurs.

Using ctrl+c/v:

* Attempting to copy / paste factorio --> text editor: Freezes the text editor for a few seconds, nothing is pasted. Some applications (chrome, skype) may crash after the paste fails.

* Attempting to copy / paste text editor --> factorio: Works as expected.

I saw mentions of a way to print the map string to the console, this would be an acceptable workaround for me, if so, how can i trigger it? Loading/saving the map doesn't seem to do it.

(Side suggestion: copy/paste buttons on screens dealing with map strings, to help people who don't know about ctrl+c/v. I've been asked about how to copy/paste map strings several times while streaming, so apparently the shortcut's aren't completely common knowledge.)

Please let me know if there are any additional details you need. Thanks!

prg
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.12.26] Linux Clipboard issues

Post by prg »

Great, I'm not the only one.

You can still copy/paste stuff around inside Factorio, so copy the map exchange string, start a new game and /c print("the string").
Automatic Belt (and pipe) Planner—Automate yet another aspect of constructing your factory!

d3phoenix
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.12.26] Linux Clipboard issues

Post by d3phoenix »

prg wrote:You can still copy/paste stuff around inside Factorio, so copy the map exchange string, start a new game and /c print("the string").
Thanks. I'll use this workaround for the moment. I didn't realize that print was available to dump to stdout.

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [0.12.26] [Oxyd] Linux Clipboard issues

Post by Oxyd »

This is a duplicate of prg's bug report. Hopefully this will be fixed in 0.12.27.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”