[16.27] Wrong artillery target with scrolling bound to middle click

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Sarsey
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[16.27] Wrong artillery target with scrolling bound to middle click

Post by Sarsey »

When i fire with the Artillery-remote in Mapmode with the map scrolling on middle click instead of left click to fire more than one shell per click, it fires another shell directly in front of the feed of my character as if the map wasn't there. This bug doesn't occur, if I use left click for map scrolling

wheybags
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [wheybags][0.16.x] Firing with the Artillery-Remote in Mapmode

Post by wheybags »

I can't reproduce this.
Can you make a video demonstrating this behaviour, and maybe upload your save too?

Sarsey
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.16.x] Firing with the Artillery-Remote in Mapmode

Post by Sarsey »

Of course, here is a video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTund64 ... e=youtu.be

As you can see, it shoots the distance i want it to and the distance as if the map wasnt open, but only if i use middle click to scroll the map

Also I attached my save to this post
Attachments
Sarsey factorio save.zip
(25.15 MiB) Downloaded 74 times

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

When I try this with drag map rebound to middle mouse button, the artillery instead fires about 5 times from one click, but the spot is the right one.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

deku
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by deku »

This happens to me as well. I also rebound map drag to another mouse button, so that I can click and drag in order to fire at many targets easily with the remote.

When I open the map and use the remote to fire artillery, it will also fire at places I click as if the map was not opened. So it will fire at locations around my character.

This means whenever I have to fire artillery with remote, I have to run my character far from my base to avoid blowing everything up -_-

singlebugreport
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [16.27] Wrong artillery target with scrolling bound to middle click

Post by singlebugreport »

Images for references: https://imgur.com/a/ZrpA6

Some info:
Controls settings -> Build.....................key resposible for Artillery targeting remote in not map view
Controls settings -> Open object's GUI.....key resposible for Artillery targeting remote in map view
Controls settings -> Drag map...............bug

bug 1

If Build is different key than Drag map (picture 1) when using artillery targeting remote in map view it shots cursor position of not map view. Notice cursor position (picture 2), it aims wall target practice. Going to map, cursor position stays same relative to screen in map view but aims so much away of walls (picture 3), pressing MMB (Build) now. Wall got targeted even though targeting happend in map view (picture 3). Only 1 shot sent, wall destroyed (picture 4). Its like map view is just overlay that is ignored and Build aims where cursor would be in not map view. Open object's GUI not set to not interfere.

Expected: nothing, Open object's GUI was not set, map view artillery targeting remote should not work.

bug 2

If Open object's GUI is different key than Drag map (picture 5) once you press Open object's GUI key (MMB my case) in map view it sends few shots instead of one (picture 6), actually it sends shots in loop as long as you hold key, single tap and hold (picture 7). Build not set to not interfere.

Expected: single press, single shot, no matter how long it takes to unpress.

If Build is same as Open object's GUI but different than Drag map, bug 1 and bug 2 combine.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [16.27] Wrong artillery target with scrolling bound to middle click

Post by Rseding91 »

This is fixed for the next version of 0.16.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”