[0.11.1] 3 Player MP desyncs + Crashes

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
rinaf
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.11.1] 3 Player MP desyncs + Crashes

Post by rinaf »

Hey, i dont know if there is any way of getting good logs after a CTD or desync but we found several issues that maybe help other players to make life easier when playing with 3 Players.

Our Setup is one Windows 7 (64bit) as Host with "Player 2" Windows 7 (64bit) and "Player 3" Mac (Lion) connected via hamachi.

1. Mac CTD when connected Players Autosaving.
easy to fix, as you just deactivate autosaving for everyone but the Host.

2. Desync when Player 2 and Player 3 open the same chest. (not 100% sure about that)

3. Desync when any Player activate a gate.

And its really hard to connect both players to the host. Many times the mac crashes after loading the map and leaves everyone else in a pause state that cant be continued. We still try to find a secure way to let everyone join, but until now it seems quite random if that works or not.

But if everything works, it can be quite stable for some hours and that is really much fun! I think we will continue trying to play this version until multiplayer is a bit more stable. But nobody of us regret the time and money this game got from us! :)

greetings rinaf

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.11.1] 3 Player MP desyncs + Crashes

Post by kovarex »

Hello, these problems were probably fixed for the 0.11.4 version, so I'm moving this to fixed for the next version.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”