[0.11.1][kovarex] Crash / Lock when discovering biter nest

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Physonic
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.11.1][kovarex] Crash / Lock when discovering biter nest

Post by Physonic »

To reproduce crash - load save, drive straight up (north) a few seconds and discover the biternest.

I have been playing without problems for many hours on this savegame - but after destroying a small biter nest from within the tank, i drive out to find another base just north of the one i destroyed. As soon as i discover that base, the game locks and HDD load is at maximum. I have to use ctrl+alt+delete to force game closure.
Follow the dropbox link to get the savegame. You can reproduce the error (or at least i can) by driving straight up towards the yet undiscovered biter nest. The game should then crash.
If you need more info, let me know.
link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gytd0ttlpsvxr ... t.zip?dl=0
P.s.
I have tried loading the game and waiting more or less time before driving up - the trigger seems to be discovering the base, not something out-of-sight in the factory.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.11.1][kovarex] Crash / Lock when discovering biter ne

Post by kovarex »

Well, for some reason unknown to me, you have some misformed tiles in the map, it could be simply caused by disk fault or memory error, so unless there are more people with the same bug I will not investigate it further.

... but, there is solution for you, there is command /c game.regeneratetiles() that fixes the tiles on the map.

... but when I tested the method, I found out it is actually broken, because we didn't make some fixes needed when we moved to parallel map generation.

The conclusion is, that the method is fixed for 0.11.2, so once you update to that version, you can call the command and continue the game.

Code: Select all

/c game.regeneratetiles()

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”