[0.11.3] Manual Train Control changes

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
skintkingle
Inserter
Inserter

[0.11.3] Manual Train Control changes

Post by skintkingle »

Hi Guys,

Replicatable, I've tested this in Multiplayer with my friend and we can both reproduce the issue.

When you are just locomotives in your consist (1 or many locomotives, but ONLY locomotives) when reversing you hold right to take a right junction and left to take a left junction.
When you connect a cargo wagon to the consist (it only takes one, but the change persists across many connected wagons) you then have to hold left to take a right junction and right to take a left junction. Disconnecting the wagons returns the previously stated controls. Small but very annoying issue. This was tested with a 1-way train only. (I.E A reversed train was not on the end of the consist for speedier reversing)

It's very late for me so I have not tested other various combinations, like having a train on the back, having a reversed train on the back, trains within the middle of the consist at places, etc. But there is a definate replicatable issue here and controls changing on a train driver has caused me more than one potentially avoidable crash with an automated train. ^_^

Thanks for the awesome-ass game and good luck with the bug squishing!

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.11.3] Manual Train Control changes

Post by MF- »

There was some report of controls being swapped when a train is drivin in reverse.
It even made backwards-driving automated trains choose wrong paths.

The fact that it doesn't happen without wagons may indicate, that the locomotive-only train can re-orient itself?

skintkingle
Inserter
Inserter

Post by skintkingle »

That would be my presumption as well, and when it reverses, the train itself is considered reversed, but the rolling stock (which hits the junction first before the train) is not travelling backwords as far as it's concerned, and so the controls freak out.

That would be my (semi) educated guess.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Thanks for the notice.

It actually depends on the orientation of the last wagon, but the orientation is not visible so it is hard to understand. It is more understandable when you built two way train with two locomotives and try to go backwards.

It is fixed for 0.11.12 now.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”