[0.18.25]

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Chaos234
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[0.18.25]

Post by Chaos234 »

Hey there,

since the update from 0.18.22 to 0.18.25 I am getting this error: https://i.imgur.com/XfxqLT3.png
When I klick "Disable listed mods" and restart, the same error occures but does not list any mods and let me only the option to disable all listed mods
and load in plain vanilla.

What did you changed this time that such a horrible break occoured? I checked the changelog and nothing is documented related to dirt-1 or to
the source "character".

Please check this problem out because throwing such an error and force me to disable all mods can not be a compleat problem related to any of my installed mods so smth. must have changed in vanilla definitly but wasn't stated in the changelog.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.18.25]

Post by posila »

Hello, the error happens because one of your mods removed dirt-1 tileset, but didn't remove reference to it from character prototype. So that mod needs to be updated. There is util.remove_tile_references() utility function that any mod removing tilesets should use.

Unfortunatelly, the game doesn't have reasonable way of detecting which mod removed things, so it lists mods that changed character prototype in any way. That means, that any of the listed mods might not be actually the problem.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Actually I found a way to track which mod removed the tileset, so the error should be improved in the next version.

Chaos234
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Chaos234 »

posila wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 11:32 am
Actually I found a way to track which mod removed the tileset, so the error should be improved in the next version.
That sounds good. Thank you for implementing this :)

Chaos234
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Chaos234 »

Hey posila,

it is working just fine and reported the culprit, which removed the tileset :)
Looking now, if there is already a fix otherwise I'll open a bug report there :)

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”