[0.12.x][v0.12.10] Bob's Modules.

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

omegasrevenge
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.10.x] Bob's Modules.

Post by omegasrevenge »

bobingabout wrote:
SuperSandro2000 wrote:Why do you re-write your code?
The current release, although stable, was just a stepping stone to get the new modules and beacons working.

I plan to add new intermediates:
Module case
Module circuit board
Module contact
Module Processor Board
Speed Processor
Effectivity Processor
Productivity Processor
Pollution Cleaning Processor
Pollution Creating Processor.

Then these new intermediates will be components for the module recipes, along with some of them being research items for a new Modules Lab.
Excellent. The current Electrum/Gold/Silver ingredients feel too much like some kind of ritual recipe to summon the items from a parallel universe than an actual building recipe! :P

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

omegasrevenge wrote:Excellent. The current Electrum/Gold/Silver ingredients feel too much like some kind of ritual recipe to summon the items from a parallel universe than an actual building recipe! :P
Precious metals like Silver and Gold make good conductors (They're in the same group as Copper, which is a standard electronic conductor, and most gold conductors are just gold plated copper), which makes them a logical choice for ingredients in any electronic devices, and electrum is mostly just added from DyTech Redundancy, as something to make the recipe more complex.

Which is why you see most of my Recipes using large quantities of Iron, Steel, Aluminium and Titanium for structural recipes, and Copper, Silver and Gold for Electronic recipes. Tungsten will have a purpose too, but I really should use more Bronze and Brass. With Tin being used a lot in my electronics (such as in Solder, and tinned copper wire used to make the electronic components), the 3 metals currently underused in my mods are Zinc, Tungsten and Lead. Nickel also currently, because it is used only in Tungsten, Nitinol and Invar alloys, which are also currently underused.

I do have plans for Brass/Bronze, Tungsten and Lead, but I havn't got around to that part of my mod yet.

But I do see what you mean about it being more of a summoning ritual, way too much silver and gold!
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

omegasrevenge
Inserter
Inserter

Post by omegasrevenge »

You are going to add so much more? You say such nice things.

I am just sitting here, salivating at how many more assembly lines I am going to create.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

this is what I get for not doing propper testing. I found more bugs, the module merging recipes had the wrong time values, taking far longer than I originally intended.

Anyway, I'm going to change them away from being a merge of 2 other modules, and instead have them use similar recipes as the normal ones, but requires the processors of both types. Perhaps add some other requirements in there too to make them just a little more expensive to craft.

But one thing is worth noting already, the recipes for the normal ones have 4 components in them, requiring assembly machine 2, the merged ones have 5 or 6, requiring assembly machine 3. I'm up to writing the recipes of the level 5 modules at the moment, and they're already going to need an assembly machine 4.

EDIT: V0.2.0 is up!
I also have a Patreon.

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

Whats new or changed in 0.2.0?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

SuperSandro2000 wrote:Whats new or changed in 0.2.0?
I'll update the first post with that information shortly, I had to post the mod before I went to go do something, so, I'll get around to it shortly.
I also have a Patreon.

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Fortunately I didb't build my modules track.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Okay, all updated with the changes.

Please leave feedback.
I also have a Patreon.

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Good work! When I understand it right I must research the better modules all now with new labs. I saw you modified the inventory size. Can you put that into a research?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

SuperSandro2000 wrote:When I understand it right I must research the better modules all now with new labs.
ALL modules researched from the new lab. The base "Modules" tech unlocks the intermediates required to build modules, and the lab to research them.
SuperSandro2000 wrote:I saw you modified the inventory size. Can you put that into a research?
nope. I want to, but, it currently isn't possible.
Also, I thought I had commented it out.
Last edited by bobingabout on Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I also have a Patreon.

omegasrevenge
Inserter
Inserter

Post by omegasrevenge »

bobingabout wrote:EDIT: V0.2.0 is up!
SHIT! I built my second full track TODAY. Sometimes, life hates me.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

omegasrevenge wrote:
Weeell... now you get to rebuild it! :P

I'd like to see the result when you get the production chain working.
I also have a Patreon.

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

You commited it out but I saw it.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

SuperSandro2000 wrote:You commited it out but I saw it.
Feel free to uncomment it, it will double your inventory. it seems to work perfectly fine.

Unfortunately, you can't make it research, I've looked into it.
I also have a Patreon.

omegasrevenge
Inserter
Inserter

Post by omegasrevenge »

bobingabout wrote:
omegasrevenge wrote:
Weeell... now you get to rebuild it! :P

I'd like to see the result when you get the production chain working.
Hopefully I will do it today, but there's higher priority stuff right now. I started a new run completely without enemies on a fresh world 2 days ago and I still need to reach ultimate harvesters which will take over 10k purple science packs, afterwards I will download the new version of this mod and try it.

omegasrevenge
Inserter
Inserter

Post by omegasrevenge »

bobingabout wrote:I'd like to see the result when you get the production chain working.
Unfortunately, I cannot comment on that, now that I checked out the new version of this mod after taking care of some of the really grevious problems I had with this game.

The problem is that the Raw Speed Modules are balanced around the fact that they are very difficult to be allowed to build, but once you can do so, they are less than twice as expensive as mundane Speed Modules. Since I updated this mod on a save where I had already everything researched, this just seems like a huge change for the casual. Sorry about that :<

The problem I had all day was that my entire screen was filled with gold, quartz, unicomp and charged chuncks and almost no other ore was to be found. I tried the resource spawner overhaul mod, but it does not support your or Yuoki's mods, which contain all the ores I've named. So, just like with my bots absolutely never using storage chests like requester chests and only as provider chests, I had to implement a dirty and suboptimal solution after a day of fruitless looking to fix that.

In order to fix the insane bottleneck that was created because my bots are chronically impotent no matter the distance, I added a research that sped them up by 5000%. Now I can barely see them when they move around. Problem solved.
Same with all the ores; I could not make them spawn less and others more often while having already played for over 20hours on a map and being firmly in endgame with dozens of mk3 beacons filled with raw speed modules 8. So I added recipes that turn 1 quartz or 1 gold or 1 unicomp or 1 charged chunck into 1 copper ore and 1 iron ore. Problem solved.
Also, DyTech has now introduced that offshore pumps always pump dirty water and it always has to go through assembling machines to be turned into clean water, but that totally fucks with my factory that had been long since terraformed with Landfill v2 so I could build where there had been water before. The pumps simply stayed and continued to produce water, but now I would have to replace them, which means deleting a huge chunck of my factory, detonating a small nuke there to create a water block and then put everything as it was again. I simply changed the stuff they pump up to clean water. (not oil or stuff like that of course, the purpose of this is not to cheat)

So yeah, my day was getting raped hard, that's why I couldn't check the new recipes earlier.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Yeah, one of the results of the changes is that the raw speed modules are more expensive to research, and less expensive to build.
Though, still more expensive than the normal speed modules. do you think it seems ballanced?

Also, I need to go through my own savegame and change my factories from V1 method to V2 method too.
I also have a Patreon.

omegasrevenge
Inserter
Inserter

Post by omegasrevenge »

bobingabout wrote:Yeah, one of the results of the changes is that the raw speed modules are more expensive to research, and less expensive to build.
Though, still more expensive than the normal speed modules. do you think it seems ballanced?

Also, I need to go through my own savegame and change my factories from V1 method to V2 method too.
This is a problem for me to find out; here is why:
Once you are advanced enough to get raw speed modules 8 in the first place you are so rich both speed modules and raw speed modules seem to cost nothing. Researching them takes long enough that at that point I would have already at least half a million units of iron and copper plates and have an infrastructure completely made of logistic chests and assembly machines level 5; my treefarms will produce thousands of units of wood each minute and my yuoki recipe factories will use that wood to produce infinite amounts of coal and petrolium gas.
Did I already tell you how much I love the factorio endgame? Feels like a power trip. Now, where to get more endgame.....? :D
*Shameless Advertising: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =33&t=4876*

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

omegasrevenge wrote:This is a problem for me to find out; here is why:
Once you are advanced enough to get raw speed modules 8 in the first place you are so rich both speed modules and raw speed modules seem to cost nothing.
I can see how that works.
Sorry for not replying earlier.
I'm currently in the process of working on a Nitrogen chain, the discussion is in the Bob's metals, chemicals and intermediates mod topic if you're interested.
I also have a Patreon.

Koncookie
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Koncookie »

Hey Bob,
nice to see that you have your own section now. After testing your mods for a while I just wanted to tell you that you did great work with all your mods.
But the real reason why I finally created an account is, that you have a little fault in the research for the pollution producing modules, because they use the productivity processors.

Return to “Bob's mods”