[MOD 0.10.x] Floors v0.0.2

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Taehl
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[MOD 0.11.x] Floors v0.0.4

Post by Taehl »

Hello everyone. I've made a few quick edits to make the mod compatible with Factorio 11.10. Now you can use it in multiplayer! :D

Download Floors v0.0.4

Known issues:
- Floor-B-Gone won't return floor tiles to your inventory (from the code, I don't think it's supposed to, but it still seems wrong to me...)

Gusop
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.10.x] Floors v0.0.2

Post by Gusop »

Please help me to run this mod :(
Visit:
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 416#p75416

Phasma Felis
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Phasma Felis »

n9103 wrote:This fixes the mod to make it compatible with .10.12. Good stuff.

Copy of fixed files: https://db.tt/lPveWlqf
This link appears to be dead. I'm on a super slow connection at the moment and can't upgrade to 0.11.x. (4 hours remaining, WTF?!?) Could you re-share the 0.10.12-compatible version?

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

Phasma Felis wrote:
n9103 wrote:This fixes the mod to make it compatible with .10.12. Good stuff.

Copy of fixed files: https://db.tt/lPveWlqf
This link appears to be dead. I'm on a super slow connection at the moment and can't upgrade to 0.11.x. (4 hours remaining, WTF?!?) Could you re-share the 0.10.12-compatible version?
Sorry, I don't have that file anymore. I probably deleted it after the 2nd update after mine went over without complaints.

As far as updating goes, I would recommend using the auto-update or the full download, whichever one it is you weren't trying before. If both are as bad, then my condolences. :-/
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

Phasma Felis
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Phasma Felis »

I eventually got it--thanks anyway! I have a couple of comments, if you don't mind. :)

One, it's hard to get used to the way the "connected" floor graphics don't match the apparent tile borders, being one square narrower on all sides. I have to constantly keep that in mind when placing tiles, since the edges of the cursor aren't actually where the floor graphics will go.

Two, I know this is fussy, but I'd really like to be able to control floor-laying down to single squares, instead of just 2x2 blocks. I realize this complicates things, since laying individual square tiles would take four times as long to cover an area, and modifying the 2x2 tiles so they can overlap with each other would be significantly more programming, I'm sure. Ditto for making different tile sizes (1x1 and 2x2) as separate items that correctly tile together.

I've looked at the files, and I think I could fix the first issue myself with a bit of photoshoppery. The second I'm less sure about. I think my personal obsessiveness would be most satisfied by going to 1x1 tiles and just sucking up the extra time to place them, but I haven't used Lua or modded Factorio before, and your code looks a bit intimidating. :) Any thoughts or suggestions?

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

No idea sorry.
It's not my mod, I just happened to have figured out a few tweaks to get that version working with the then current version.
Pretty sure I was inspired by reports from other mods that a couple specific variables/lines/etc needed to be changed to be compatible.
As far as lua goes, I'm not much use for more than tweaking. And the extent of my graphical skill is auto-leveling with paint.net :P

I would suggest that you stick with the 1x1 entity idea though, as it's bound to be an easier expansion of code since it's of uniform dimensions like the current entity. The other sizes would be of minimal utility, and would probably involve a lot more effort than needed.
Best of luck!
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

Thomasnotused
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Thomasnotused »

Do the floors affect walking/driving speed like the RoadWorks mod? Or is it purely aesthetic?
I have no idea what I'm doing.

Return to “Mods”