[MOD 0.10.x] Ground Sulfur

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Schmendrick
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[MOD 0.10.x] Ground Sulfur

Post by Schmendrick »

Another simple mod. "Ground Sulfur" adds sulfur that is collectible via a miner. Sulfur processing has been moved up one level in the tech tree to require the prerequisites of its parent, (in vanilla, this means its only prerequisite is steel processing), and can be used to unlock the chemical plants if you haven't already through oil processing.

Sulfur is somewhat rare, and so can't really be counted on to ignore oil (which you'll still need for plastic anyway), but it does allow the creation of batteries (and so, laser turrets and accumulators) before oil if you get lucky enough to find it - and of course will bolster your supplies if/when you are running low on petroleum gas.
groundsulfur.jpg
groundsulfur.jpg (50.86 KiB) Viewed 7639 times
  • 0.1.0: Updated to be name-compliant with Factorio, added accommodations for Underground Mining, made prereqs slighty more adaptive toward other mods (moves itself up one level in the prerequisites list)
Attachments
groundsulfur_1.0.0.zip
(78.52 KiB) Downloaded 258 times
Last edited by Schmendrick on Thu May 14, 2015 11:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
Like my mods? Check out another! Or see older, pre-0.12.0 mods.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.10.x] Ground Sulfur

Post by Airat9000 »

:D real cool mod thanks!

I have a question ..
why in the generation of a new card does not have a choice and you can not put down the number and size?

Schmendrick
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Schmendrick »

The nice answer? Because I feel the map gen window is already cluttered by mods.

The real answer? Because I'm stingy and mean. This sulfur is a bonus and "free" so I don't feel it should be very plentiful at all, and I kind of don't trust the map gen controls to ensure things stay sane.

The real real answer? Because I was originally thinking of using it as part of a larger mod with geothermal and volcanic stuff, and was going to tie it all into a general "volcanic" area category in map gen (and I still may, eventually), but since I didn't add that I ended up not using it at all.

I can change it if it bothers people.

Vitduo
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Vitduo »

Hmmm... I was thinking about it but I am too lazy... :D
What you think about change generation if DyTech installed? Make something like a pseudo volcano made from lava pools and sulfur formations.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I was giving serious thought to including sulphur in Bob's Ores mod. Considering Sulfur is already in the game, I decided against it to focus on resources that didn't already exist, while at the same time limiting the number of resources I added.

Try loading Bob's Ores in an existing game, because by default it forces the new ores to be added to an old map, it can take quite a while for your old game to load as it generates new resources.
This is because it is generating 9 noise layers already (Tin, Zinc, Silver, Lead, Bauxite, Gold, Tungsten, Rutile and Quartz).

This is actually the main reason why I decided to Make lead ore fields give Nickel, and rename it to the common real world ore name Galena.
1. It adds an element of difficulty.
2. One less noise layer for it to generate (which would have been needed if I went with a Nickel ore field instead of merged with lead).
3. Galena is a metal Sulfide ore, so gives Sulfur Dioxide or Sulfuric Acid as a byproduct.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Schmendrick
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Schmendrick »

Updated.

Trev_lite
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Trev_lite »

is there a way to configure RSO mod so that it works with this mod?

Trev_lite
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Trev_lite »

could someone please update this for 12.2

Return to “Mods”