[0.11.x][MP?](1.0.0)Record Your Stuff!

Topics and discussion about specific mods
AlyxDeLunar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.11.x][MP?](1.0.0)Record Your Stuff!

Post by AlyxDeLunar »

Sure, we have a graphical representation of pollution, but who has time to look at different shades of red on a map? Not I! I'm an industrialist, and I function off cold, hard numbers.
So here is a work in progress mod to get just that! Ever curious about exactly how much pollution you have? This is for you!

How to Use:
-Pollution Reader can be crafted at start, found in the logistics crafting section.
-A GUI display pollution information from the start of the game.
-Enter any name you would like and hit "set", this creates a new category and/or sets your current category to it.
-You can see your current category at the top, any pollution readers you place will be added to this category.
-Pollution Count is taken from an average value of the recorded pollution from every Pollution Reader in a category you have placed.
(Pollution Counts are updated every ~10 seconds)
-Pollution Readers make use of the game.getpollution function, meaning they just read the pollution value in the chunk they reside in.
-If you remove a category, any pollution readers currently registered with it will be moved to the "default" category. If you delete this one, they won't be registered to any category, and you'll have to remove/re-place them to register them again.

I believe it should be working in multiplayer, however I don't have any way to test this myself. If anybody actually does use this and founds out either way, I would appreciate it if you let me know =)
If there are any questions/comments/concerns/ideas, let me know!

Thanks to:
YuokiTani, who provided the cool graphics for the reader!
Degraine, who suggested ideas I was already going to do, but I didn't say that so you get credit ;)
(Besides, I appreciated the feedback. Makes me feel loved :D )
Example
Attachments
RecordYourStuff_1.0.0.zip
(19.62 KiB) Downloaded 710 times
Last edited by AlyxDeLunar on Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes humorous, usually congenial. Always Alyx.

My Stuff:
Lunar's Factorio Mod Manager

AlyxDeLunar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.11.x][MP?](1.0.0)Record Your Stuff!

Post by AlyxDeLunar »

Updated the mod! Everything should be perfect. Yes, absolutely perfect.

After almost a complete re-write of the code, it now features:
-Better performance (almost negligible!)
-No glitches! (probably...)
-Multiplayer support (I'm completely guessing on this one!)
Sometimes humorous, usually congenial. Always Alyx.

My Stuff:
Lunar's Factorio Mod Manager

Tom_The_Hero1
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Tom_The_Hero1 »

hey if you have a moment when you have spare time i can test it with you in multyplayer for 0.11.6 but i do need to know when you have spare time to test it because i cant keep it open 24/7 i run it on a computer,not a server so :/ (my time zone :Brussels) btw if you wanna talk about this on steam then add me as a friend(Tom_The_Hero1)

Tom_The_Hero1
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Tom_The_Hero1 »

it doesn't seem to be working for multyplayer

Return to “Mods”