[0.11.11+] FARL 0.2.8 (Rail Layer)

The raillayer; must have, if you want to play with railway.

Moderator: Choumiko

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.11.11+] FARL 0.1.7 (Rail Layer)

Post by ssilk »

Yes, it was an idea a bit as you described. But you're right it was stupid.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Marasambala
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Marasambala »

I've been receiving this error for a couple of versions.
Factorio 11.6
FARL 0.1.7

This message appears as soon as I turn the rail layer on and start moving.
Attachments
FARL error.jpg
FARL error.jpg (128.05 KiB) Viewed 9966 times

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Marasambala wrote:I've been receiving this error for a couple of versions.
Factorio 11.6
FARL 0.1.7
You need at least Factorio 0.11.11. Nothing I can do about this error on lower versions, sorry

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

@Marasambala
Do you use a texturepack?

Marasambala
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Marasambala »

You need at least Factorio 0.11.11. Nothing I can do about this error on lower versions, sorry
Sometimes I feel like everyone else is smarter than me. Then I realize...everyone else is smarter than me.

Thanks,

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Finally back to modding :D
Still messing around with blueprints, my current plan is that you will need 2 blueprints (1 for horizontal, 1 for diagonal) as rotating by 45° turns out to be a real pita on a tiled map.
The next release will probably work like this:
No blueprints used: FARL places poles/lamps as it does now
With blueprints: You create 2 blueprints, put them in your hotbar, jump in the FARL, press a button, from then on FARL places poles/lamps as defined in the blueprints (allowing multiple lamps per pole)

I'm also planing a mode that allows automatic "conversion" between old layouts to blueprinted ones, though that will most likely not be in the next version

Xeteth
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Xeteth »

Just wondering if there might be an easy fix to allow FARL to work with the trains module in 5dim's mods. The specific module adds electric trains and I want to be able to lay the tracks using FARL if possible. Can it be done by adding the "Straight Power Rail" item into the FARL code somewhere?

5dim's mods can be found here: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... dim#p61011
Any help appreciated!

Cheers

Andrea88
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Andrea88 »

Hi guys, i'm really enjoying this mod but.... of course i'm committing a mistake.
When i start FARL following the basic instructions in the 1st post and i have to make a turn, FARL won't correctly place the straight rail after the curved rail placed immediatly before.
All settings for FARL are set on default.
Here you are a pic:

http://prntscr.com/66o34b

i'm on 0.11.10 experimental version and FARL 0.1.5 (updated today on 0.1.7 but the problem still comes).

What the hell am i doing wrong? :?:
Thx for help in advance. ;)

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

New version: FARL 0.1.8

Changes:
- Configure the position of poles/lamps via blueprints (see first post for a how-to). This allows you to have your poles wherever you want, with as many lamps around as you wish (to a certain degree at last)

It's quite a change in the way how you configure FARL. So i'd suggest you make a copy of your current game, try the new version on it and if you don't like it, keep the old one and tell me how i can improve it ;)
Also you now need blueprints to be able to configure it fully. As they are quite a bit away in the techtree from FARL i'd like some suggestions where i should unlock them. I was thinking with either plastics or advanced electronics. Or i could just remove the construction robots as a requirement, except for FARL they are not that usefull without them anyways.
Andrea88 wrote:i'm on 0.11.10 experimental version and FARL 0.1.5 (updated today on 0.1.7 but the problem still comes).
What the hell am i doing wrong? :?:
You are using 0.11.10 but FARL requires 0.11.11. That's all you're doing wrong :D
Xeteth wrote:Just wondering if there might be an easy fix to allow FARL to work with the trains module in 5dim's mods. The specific module adds electric trains and I want to be able to lay the tracks using FARL if possible. Can it be done by adding the "Straight Power Rail" item into the FARL code somewhere?
5dim's mods can be found here: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... dim#p61011
Haven't looked at the mod yet, but it should be possible, though it's probably not going to be easy. I'll see how it can be done, but it will take a while

Xeteth
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Xeteth »

Choumiko wrote:Haven't looked at the mod yet, but it should be possible, though it's probably not going to be easy. I'll see how it can be done, but it will take a while
Thankyou! Would be greatly appreciated! :D

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.11.11+] FARL 0.1.8 (Rail Layer)

Post by n9103 »

As I've no idea what the code for either mod looks like, this is a rather wild guess, however:
Assuming the power rails have the same dimension as the normal ones, wouldn't a tick box in a gui to change the name of a variable that represents the rail item/entity be effective?
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

n9103 wrote:As I've no idea what the code for either mod looks like, this is a rather wild guess, however:
Assuming the power rails have the same dimension as the normal ones, wouldn't a tick box in a gui to change the name of a variable that represents the rail item/entity be effective?
Yes it would be effective :D
I quickly looked at the events the mod uses and it does "something" when a rail-entity is created. If game.createentity triggers the event it's gonna be fairly easy, if not i'll probably have to add an interface to the mod. From a first look it's doable, i'll see what funny stuff happens once i try to implement it :D

Andrea88
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Andrea88 »

Choumiko wrote:You are using 0.11.10 but FARL requires 0.11.11. That's all you're doing wrong :D
damn! a missed a stupid thing: the version! ahahahah lol, thx man!

MasterBuilder
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MasterBuilder »

Choumiko wrote:
n9103 wrote:As I've no idea what the code for either mod looks like, this is a rather wild guess, however:
Yes it would be effective :D
I quickly looked at the events the mod uses and it does "something" when a rail-entity is created. If game.createentity triggers the event it's gonna be fairly easy, if not i'll probably have to add an interface to the mod. From a first look it's doable, i'll see what funny stuff happens once i try to implement it :D
I don't know what work 5dim's done on the mod. Last I worked on it I was updating the electric locomotives/rails from 0.10.x to 0.11.x.

Any attempt to place the electric rail automatically (through bots or whatever) would not create the 'entity' that is essentially an invisible power pole. Inversely, any rail removed by bots or something would leave the entity behind and not remove it properly.
If 5dim's fixed this then it can work but if this is still an issue then FARL will exhibit the same issue.

Beyond that, powered rails/locomotives are all the same dimensions as regular ones. Entities are the only issue.
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

MasterBuilder wrote:Any attempt to place the electric rail automatically (through bots or whatever) would not create the 'entity' that is essentially an invisible power pole. Inversely, any rail removed by bots or something would leave the entity behind and not remove it properly.
If 5dim's fixed this then it can work but if this is still an issue then FARL will exhibit the same issue.

Beyond that, powered rails/locomotives are all the same dimensions as regular ones. Entities are the only issue.
Thanks for the info. Sounds like all i need to do then is add an interface to 5dims control.lua and then call it inside farl. About the poles not being removed: i will only worry about that once FARL can remove rails :D

Right now i'm changing FARL to store 2 sets of blueprints (1 set for big poles, 1 for medium) so you can more easily change between them

Crusender
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Crusender »

look like whit version 0.11.16 there is a little bug cant load the mod, farl_players entities

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

Crusender wrote:look like whit version 0.11.16 there is a little bug cant load the mod, farl_players entities
Also having this issue.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.11.11+] FARL 0.1.9 (Rail Layer)

Post by Choumiko »

New version FARL 0.1.9

Changes:
-fixed error with 0.11.16
-store blueprints for big/medium poles seperately
-button to reset blueprints to defaults
-switch between big/medium poles via gui
-support for powered rails (5dim's mod)

You can now put 4 blueprints in your hotbar (2 for big poles, 2 for medium) before reading them. FARL will save them seperately.

To enable placing off powered rails from 5dim's mod add the following to the end of the control.lua from 5dim_trains.
After that you get a checkbox in the settings window to enable it. Note that you have to start FARL on already placed powered rails and switching back to normal rails will probably not work. It's largely untested, but since implementing it was easy and i needed to release a fix for 0.11.16 anyways it's in :D Make a backup of the save if you plan to use it. I placed a circle with FARL and drove an electric train around without a crash, that's pretty much all the testing i did.

Code: Select all

remote.addinterface("dim_trains",
  {
    railCreated = function(position)
      updateStaticProxiesNextTick(position)
    end
  })
Spoiler: If you have FARL set to place poles fairly close to the tracks you can drive an electric locomotive without using powered rails :D

Xeteth
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Xeteth »

Choumiko wrote: -support for powered rails (5dim's mod)
You sir, are amazing. Thankyou!

Unfortunately I think some of the 5dim trains module is broke in 0.11.15 which I'm playing, I'll have to wait for them to update it :D

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

Getting a new type of crash when I came back to lay new line I had deleted a few tracks and then I started to go forward again and when I hit start or at least get to the end she crashes with the following error:
http://i.imgur.com/aOvxg1N.jpg

Edit: I found out this was caused by some how my engine flipping and causing it to sort of go backwards and cause this error.

Return to “F.A.R.L”