[MOD 11.16] The "No Crafting Challange" Mod 0.2.3

Topics and discussion about specific mods

Should the mod go for...

Poll ended at Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:47 pm

harder challange, with less items to start with
33%
loot found while playing, in chests
33%
rewards for achieving certain things in the game like research, crafting or item collecting
33%
more challanges
No votes

Total votes: 3

DoneAndDead
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[MOD 11.16] The "No Crafting Challange" Mod 0.2.3

Post by DoneAndDead »

Hello dear challenge seeking Factorio player!

This mod forces the player to do the "No Crafting Challange"! This means crazy enough you cannot craft anything from your own inventory :(
But... to solve this you have to use assembly machines! And you get a standard package to help you along the way! :D

And best of all, from the tests i have done... this mod works in Multiplayer!
Plus it works with mods!

Starter Package
Standard
Updates
Updates
Bugs
If you use the mod and find a game breaking bug, PM as fast as possible so i can take a look at it to fix it. Please!
Bugs
Further work
Further work
Peace out!
Attachments
NoCraftingChallange_0.2.3.zip
(2.59 KiB) Downloaded 524 times
Last edited by DoneAndDead on Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:50 pm, edited 11 times in total.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 11.14] The "No Crafting Challange" Mod

Post by FishSandwich »

DoneAndDead wrote:I have no clue why the spoilers are not working....
You need a title for the spoiler, ie.

Code: Select all

[spoiler=Bugs]blah...[/spoiler]
Will give:
Bugs

Great looking mod, will download and try out later. :D

LordFedora
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by LordFedora »

There is a way to force your mod to load last, something about final fixes

DoneAndDead
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DoneAndDead »

LordFedora wrote:There is a way to force your mod to load last, something about final fixes
Thanks! Fix is here! And some changes!

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 11.14] The "No Crafting Challange" Mod 0.2.1

Post by hoho »

Isn't it so that default assembling machine 1 can use up to 2 item recipes and assembly machine 2 can use 4?

If so then it's a bit of a problem as crafting assembly machine 1 and research lab takes 3 inputs. Essentially, player can't advance at all as no research is possible and there is just one assembler the entire game. Did you perhaps use some mods that override maximum assembler inputs (DyTech does that, perhaps some other mod too)?

A "fix" might be to give player assembly machine 2 at start instead of 1.

DoneAndDead
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 11.14] The "No Crafting Challange" Mod 0.2.1

Post by DoneAndDead »

hoho wrote:Isn't it so that default assembling machine 1 can use up to 2 item recipes and assembly machine 2 can use 4?

If so then it's a bit of a problem as crafting assembly machine 1 and research lab takes 3 inputs. Essentially, player can't advance at all as no research is possible and there is just one assembler the entire game. Did you perhaps use some mods that override maximum assembler inputs (DyTech does that, perhaps some other mod too)?

A "fix" might be to give player assembly machine 2 at start instead of 1.
Thanks for the feedback! Problem fixed with the newest update! If you find anything wrong with it please tell me about it! :)

Implemented the fix you where proposing, hoping it will not affect the interaction with other mods.

Palius84
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 11.14] The "No Crafting Challange" Mod 0.2.2

Post by Palius84 »

It's great that you could make this mod, but why didn't you just use
game.onevent(defines.events.onplayercreated, function(event)
local player = game.getplayer(event.playerindex)
local technologylist = player.force.technologies

player.clearitemsinside()

player.character.insert{name="item-name", count=1}

player.force.manualcraftingspeedmodifier = -1

end)

pretty sure that would stop any other mods being an issue and stop the need for this to be loaded last.

DoneAndDead
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DoneAndDead »

Palius84 wrote:It's great that you could make this mod, but why didn't you just use
game.onevent(defines.events.onplayercreated, function(event)
local player = game.getplayer(event.playerindex)
local technologylist = player.force.technologies

player.clearitemsinside()

player.character.insert{name="item-name", count=1}

player.force.manualcraftingspeedmodifier = -1

end)

pretty sure that would stop any other mods being an issue and stop the need for this to be loaded last.
At the time when i created the mod i didn't know about the manualcraftingspeedmodifier. But that variable might easily be changed by other mods and is something that from what i can see has a higher chance to be affected by other mods. But what i have done in the data-final-fixes was to make all recpies of the category "crafting", nil or "" into the "advanced-crafting" category and i think that there is a lower chance for other mods to do this kind of change. My solution is not 100% bulletproof and because of the changeable nature of the application it will probably never reach 100%. But with both forcing in the data-final-fixes and have the manualcraftingspeedmodifier changed to -1 i can see that anti-crafting would become more bulletproof.

Mazter
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Mazter »

i "found" another "bug"
you cant craft the oil refinery in anything other than assembling machine 3, and to make that you need plastic and blue science packs to make the modules to craft that.

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

Well this is neat. Haven't played yet, but definitely going on the to-do list for .12
Question though, why does the steam package have a mining drill and not the solar package? Better yet, why doesn't the standard package have it instead?

It's spelled further, btw.
futher work items
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

Satis
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Satis »

Oh snap, I just finished my own "No Crafting Challenge" mod and was almost ready to upload it, when I saw this post.
I did search for it before, but nothing came up.

Anyway, I did do things a bit different than you on how to deactivate the manual crafting and I think it will work better that way, since you only need to change one value in the data.raw.player.player and then it's working.

I'm adding the assembler 3, since some items are not able to be crafted without the assembler 3, which is required to make oil machinery and other things.

Hmmm what to do here?!?

DoneAndDead
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DoneAndDead »

Thanks for the feedback! Making some changes according to your input. Im thinking of adding random chest generation to the mod or follow your advice and give packages based on time? Maybe something based on game progression (a bit like questing or achievement hunting).

I the game developers make it possible for mods to add parameters to the "Map Generator" screen, im thinking of takign this mod a steep higher. Making it a pure challange mod where the player can choose what challanges he/she wants to play with. There for the last bit :)
n9103 wrote:Well this is neat. Haven't played yet, but definitely going on the to-do list for .12
Question though, why does the steam package have a mining drill and not the solar package? Better yet, why doesn't the standard package have it instead?

It's spelled further, btw.
futher work items

DoneAndDead
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DoneAndDead »

Changed assembly machine 2 to assembly machine 3. So the problem should now be fixed. :)
Mazter wrote:i "found" another "bug"
you cant craft the oil refinery in anything other than assembling machine 3, and to make that you need plastic and blue science packs to make the modules to craft that.

general_lex
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 11.16] The "No Crafting Challange" Mod 0.2.3

Post by general_lex »

I have a new mod challenge you could create (cause u dont know how to make a mod :)

---No Crafting Challenge 2---
One using ONLY bots to do everything.... from the start.
By that i mean they really do everything.

You can't mine or chop trees
You cant even pick up stuff from chest or ground.
You tell them to build and remove stuff because you can't.
You get the point.

Of course you would need to start with the rigth tech to create more Bots and Chest or you would get alot from start and need to squeeze
your base the most efficient way to make all potion to get to those tech.

I guess from start you could receive 4-6 roboport and 100 bots or something.

The best mode to do this mod would be in spectator mode (builder mode or something) The one you view everything and you still can build but while not
having to move your caracter.

DoneAndDead
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 11.16] The "No Crafting Challange" Mod 0.2.3

Post by DoneAndDead »

general_lex wrote:I have a new mod challenge you could create (cause u dont know how to make a mod :)

---No Crafting Challenge 2---
One using ONLY bots to do everything.... from the start.
By that i mean they really do everything.

You can't mine or chop trees
You cant even pick up stuff from chest or ground.
You tell them to build and remove stuff because you can't.
You get the point.

Of course you would need to start with the rigth tech to create more Bots and Chest or you would get alot from start and need to squeeze
your base the most efficient way to make all potion to get to those tech.

I guess from start you could receive 4-6 roboport and 100 bots or something.

The best mode to do this mod would be in spectator mode (builder mode or something) The one you view everything and you still can build but while not
having to move your caracter.
That sounds insane, but fun!!! I will have to look into it as fast as the university study levels goes down a bit :) At the moment i'm waiting for Factorio to implement functions in their API that lets me edit the world generation gui so i can let the player customize their challenge... but i have waited for like months now, without a reaction xD

Return to “Mods”