Graphics pack

The place to share your custom game graphics.
kolt16
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Graphics pack

Post by kolt16 »

I thought this might be of some use for somebody, these are intended as a free modders resource pack or something like that.
(Obviously many of these are made using parts of the original factorio sprite sheets, these are probably considered part of the game resources, as such these are not up to me to be declared free to use, the ones I made from scratch can be used without any further permissions from me.)

Most of it was made specifically for the mod-packs out there, largest portion for F-Mod. There are others I made for my own mods but never got around to polish them out, but maybe somebody will, so here it is. Some have working config files included with them some don't. (note that the configs worked in 0.7.X no idea if they still do in 0.8.X or not)

These are the ones made for F-Mod, I might get some pictures of the others too.
F-MOD: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=14&t=390

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/2vo6t ... aphics.rar

The ones not included in mod-packs:

-fully functional scifi bike sprites

-player anim re-textures for enemy player style soldiers, current config allows them to spawn from their own base and they will shoot at the player with laser rifles. Base also has graphics, standard and destroyed version. No anim yet though.

-Complete fence sprites with working configs, works like the wall. Current config is set to do damage to anything attacking the fence, electric fence style but it's probably very op. Also no idea how to make it dependent on electric grid and such stuff.

-Low tech miner, similar to the burner miner but uses electricity, complete sprite set with animation, could be a step between the burner and the electric strip miner. I can't for the life of me get the bounding boxes right for this one :D

There might be more later, I've been planing to try my hand at a missile launcher, something like the SAM sites in C&C, could be useful if airborne enemies are introduced.

ray4ever
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Graphics pack

Post by ray4ever »

Very nice work! Your sprites are looking really good, especially the big melting pot :)

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

My favorite is the storage "bunker" on the very right from the big melting pot.

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

Thats suposed to be a reactor but yea it looks really cool

Math3vv
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Math3vv »

those are some REALY nice graphics !!!
but i cant unsee the big reactor thing and the storage bunker (above the melting pot) are slightly more pointing to the screen then all the other graphics
(so it creates the illusion that they are not standing on flat ground), or this is just me looking to long at my screen :P

Again realy awsome !

AndaleTheGreat
Inserter
Inserter

Post by AndaleTheGreat »

Gonna give it a shot.
This part about vanilla, not this pack:
My only actual complaint for this game is too much bloody gray. If you have a gray background for the GUI the I'd say never use gray on your textures. The machines are too similar in color, not saying I want neons, but this ain't the pre 16-bit color era I grew up in.

Gammro
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Gammro »

AndaleTheGreat wrote:Gonna give it a shot.
This part about vanilla, not this pack:
My only actual complaint for this game is too much bloody gray. If you have a gray background for the GUI the I'd say never use gray on your textures. The machines are too similar in color, not saying I want neons, but this ain't the pre 16-bit color era I grew up in.
Am I misreading things or are you critiquing the main game in a thread about an unofficial graphics pack?
Ignore this

Andu1991
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Andu1991 »

how do you install factorio texture pack ?
and thx for the reply

SirKingForKings
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by SirKingForKings »

Andu1991 wrote:how do you install factorio texture pack ?
and thx for the reply
Is there no READ ME data ?
If no look and ask in other graphics pack

(These are the ones made for F-Mod, I might get some pictures of the others too.
F-MOD: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=390 )

SirKingForKings
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by SirKingForKings »

kolt16 wrote: These are the ones made for F-Mod, I might get some pictures of the others too.
F-MOD: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=14&t=390

Return to “Texture Packs”