How do i controll the amount of items

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Neoface
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

How do i controll the amount of items

Post by Neoface »

Hello,

i didn't found anything by search so i ll try it with a new topic.

I love to build big facility's where drones to the most work. My problem is that with a high production some items gain insane numbers. I now have 300k of cobber wire.
The drones empty the crates immediately so i cant control the numbers with a "full" crate. And i don't want to demolish and build factories all the time to control the amount, Or micro every single factory.
I want to know, it is possible to tell a smart inserter to stop, at a certain amount of units in the whole logistic network of the drones. The drone network show me exactly how much
units i have of something. It would be good if i could make them to stop at maybe 100k cobber wire, to save cobber.
Or to build a production that keeps a stable amount of walls and towers, for repairs, without overextending.

Sry for bad the English, and thx for all help.

aRatNamedSammy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: How do i controll the amount of items

Post by aRatNamedSammy »

i think you just need to set limitation in your chests to have X stack of items instead of full chest of "copper wire" as exemple
Teeth for Two (so sorry my bad english)

Neoface
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Neoface »

That dont work, i have some big storage chest. The Drones bring all items there and empty the provider chest immediately.

aRatNamedSammy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by aRatNamedSammy »

lol ok replace the provider chest with passive chest... the red one's... the purple chest work differently, it force bots to empty it...
i think you just made same mistake as me a little while ago :P
Teeth for Two (so sorry my bad english)

The Eriksonn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by The Eriksonn »

Or you could tell the inserter thar unloads from the assembler to stop when copper wire > 200 for example. Aka set inserter to only go when X < 200

Return to “Gameplay Help”