trees

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Zortoch
Inserter
Inserter

trees

Post by Zortoch »

What is up with all the trees in this patch, no matter how many times I restart I get way too many trees, at least if there was something to do with all that wood , but there isn't . any suggestions would be appreciated

Zortoch and the girls

Hannu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: trees

Post by Hannu »

I have several active provider chests near my base entrances as trashcans. I have also one trash car in my work train, in which I can put wood, stone, artifacts etc. when I have outdoor works. The trash car is automatically emptied to active provider chests.

Because I have no use for wood, I have requester chest near my steel furnaces. I use circuit to cut the coal input when there is wood in that chest, and put wood to fuel line. I have burned more than 300k woods during the game.

mooklepticon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mooklepticon »

What to do with your trees: (by me)

Wood_Gas - Factorio Mods https://mods.factorio.com/mods/mooklepticon/Wood_Gas

How to not lose your mind when running through them:

Tree Collision - Factorio Mods https://mods.factorio.com/mods/skomick/tree_collision

afk2minute
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by afk2minute »

Place 10 requsters requesting wood.
Wait them to fill up, shoot them.
Dirty but it works.

Frightning
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Frightning »

Zortoch wrote:What is up with all the trees in this patch, no matter how many times I restart I get way too many trees, at least if there was something to do with all that wood , but there isn't . any suggestions would be appreciated

Zortoch and the girls
The best thing to do w/ all that wood: Burn it, in your burner devices (or with the flamethrower if mining it is too tedious; not a problem once you get Construction Robots). I figured out how to design the input side of my fuel line to automatically prioritize fuels as I desired, so I make Wood priority #1 one I have Electric Distribution Mk1 researched (and hence no longer need Wood regularly for Small Electric Poles as I can just use Medium Poles instead).

Return to “Gameplay Help”