The military mission (mission 4? not sure) how?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
MxM111
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

The military mission (mission 4? not sure) how?

Post by MxM111 »

I can't understand how am I supposed to beat this mission. This is mission where you arrive in the car, and you supposed to kill buncha stuff. But the turret push south is not very success, and I am destroying about half of the base, and then they overrun me. I am probably suppose to set up some manufacturing facility, but I do not understand what. The only things I manufacture are rockets so that I can shoot from a far. Help?

arl85
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: The military mission (mission 4? not sure) how?

Post by arl85 »

I think it's mission 3.

Have a look at FAQ
Do you need help taking screenshots in-game? have a look to my guide to calculate screenshot dimensions

-root
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by -root »

After you kill the small base to the north, just jump in your car and make a run through the base tothe computer core and pick it up without getting out. It'll trigger the mission complete :mrgreen:

If you don't want to troll the game, you're supposed to set up a manufactory for weapons and shit using only what you have in your car and inventory.

Khalysto
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Khalysto »

It's not that bad. The problem I assume you're having (and this is covered in the posts referenced earlier) is you're trying to go head on vs. an extremely well defended biter base. Don't do that.

1. Go to the south West and destroy the biter outpost there. Hit and run tactics while in the car work great and you can take out the biters / worms with the sub machine gun.
2. Build a few turrets to the eastern side of this outpost to give you a beach head (you should be crafting ammo like a mad man)
3. Build a few solar plants and an assembly machine. Manually load it with resources to build ammunition
4. Build 2x2 turret bunkers as close as you can to the main biter base without getting aggroed (save your game so you can reload if they come after you )
5. Hit and run the south side of the biter base until you clear out the main worm defenses, deploy defenders and haul ass into the base to get the computer.
6. ?????
7. Profit
=Khalysto=

"My friends call me Hadouken cuz I'm down-right-fierce.

Return to “Gameplay Help”