Change map generation settings for existing map?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Zeblote
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Change map generation settings for existing map?

Post by Zeblote »

I'm playing multiplayer for the first time, we thought it would be a good idea to leave everything at default settings but there are too many enemies spawning around the factory.

Is it possible to change the settings to generate fewer enemy bases in far away chunks we didn't discover yet?

quinor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Change map generation settings for existing map?

Post by quinor »

Probably not, you can lower evolution factor though. It may help for a short period of time.

Zeblote
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zeblote »

Are you sure there is no way? You enter the seed sperately from those values, so I assume they have no effect on the terrain generation.

So I'd assume you can change them somehow in the map file. It wouldn't affect already created chunks.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

You could try temporarily turning on peaceful mode, until you're ready/able to defend, and then turn it back off again?

Code: Select all

/c game.peacefulmode = true
Spawners will still be there but you won't get attacked unless you provoke them by firing first.

Note: It won't affect already spawned biters/spitters, so you'd need to use the below command, which will kill all already spawned biters/spitters.

Code: Select all

/c game.killallenemies()

Return to “Gameplay Help”