Request Chest Control

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
kadashov
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Request Chest Control

Post by kadashov »

Hi. There is a task:

The chest requests a resource of 500 units only when there are 50 left in the chest.

After the scanner has counted 450 units, the request begins again. But how can I reset the counter so that everything works correctly?

I managed to reset and send the request, but it does not work correctly, the request turns on jerkily and literally for a fraction of a second, as if a short circuit had occurred. Drones only manage to bring 50-100 units.

Or is there another way, for example, prohibiting drones from servicing a request until the scanner has counted 450 units.

Don't ask why. I just don't like drones flying around forever.

question_factorio_reddit_A001.jpg
question_factorio_reddit_A001.jpg (735.53 KiB) Viewed 421 times

Tertius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Request Chest Control

Post by Tertius »

There is no simple solution, because you can either read the content of a requester chest or set the requests, but not both.
One problem is that you never know how many items are really in that chest, or you cannot adjust the requests.

You can use two chests, one requester chest and one regular, and an inserter moving stuff from the requester chest to the other. You can read the content of the other chest (50..500) and you can set the requests to whatever is missing, including the hysteresis you want to apply.

kadashov
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by kadashov »

I did. It seems to work. But it needs to be tested at the factory.

Krastorio 2 Blueprints:

Attachments
question_factorio_reddit_A002.jpg
question_factorio_reddit_A002.jpg (1.26 MiB) Viewed 337 times

FritzHugo3
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by FritzHugo3 »

kadashov wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:53 am
Don't ask why. I just don't like drones flying around forever.
I can understand this point 100%. In over 5.000 houres factorio i never used the logistic bots!
Much to many for my eys plus it makes things much to easy.

What i can't understand, why you dont like full belts. I have not understand for what you want this logistics.
let the buffer as chests away - full belts are a great buffer. And if you have very expensive stuff, you can do all with count the stuff over arms and belts

How you make the first picture with picture in picture - The cuttet picture looks so exackt and uniformly

Have all a great day - the factory must be grow

Return to “Gameplay Help”