Help with the editor needed

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Help with the editor needed

Post by brunzenstein »

I dont know how to handle the highlighted brown box shown on the right here.
Pls give me a helping hand
Attachments
Editor
Editor
Editor23.05.33.png (517.95 KiB) Viewed 577 times

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Help with the editor needed

Post by mmmPI »

What do you mean by "handle the highlighted brown box ?"

To me it look like you opened the "unsorted" tab from the crafting menu, which is accessible from the editor. Those items are not really in the game for normal play as item, they are not thing the player can craft with legit means but mod can use them as "base" for other item or some tricks. The fake wooden chest at least. Some others can be used similar to creative mode entity like infinity chest or heat interface. Some of them must be from mods you have, because i don't have them in my version.

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

mmmPI wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:52 am
What do you mean by "handle the highlighted brown box ?"

To me it look like you opened the "unsorted" tab from the crafting menu, which is accessible from the editor. Those items are not really in the game for normal play as item, they are not thing the player can craft with legit means but mod can use them as "base" for other item or some tricks. The fake wooden chest at least. Some others can be used similar to creative mode entity like infinity chest or heat interface. Some of them must be from mods you have, because i don't have them in my version.
Thanks. So the yellow box with the question mark is a placeholder for developers I understand.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

brunzenstein wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:34 pm
Thanks. So the yellow box with the question mark is a placeholder for developers I understand.
It's an icon of a whole category, the small icons below are the actual items.

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

Loewchen wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:23 pm
brunzenstein wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:34 pm
It's an icon of a whole category, the small icons below are the actual items.
indeed - I can't change, add or delete the individual items in the box but only place them in my inventory.,
So I suppose the whole box is not destined for the average user but for developers - right?

Tertius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Tertius »

The box is supposed to also contain (and provide to you) 4 important useful infinity items that ease up factory design in the map editor: the electric energy interface for getting infinite energy/battery/energy consumption, the heat interface for directly heating up structures like nuclear reactors, the infinity chest for getting infinite arbitrary items, and the infinity pipe for getting infinite arbitrary fluids.

These are missing in your screenshot, so probably some mod that removed them from that category. You seem to have the editor extensions mod installed, look into its category for similar infinity sources.

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

Tertius wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:22 pm

These are missing in your screenshot, so probably some mod that removed them from that category. You seem to have the editor extensions mod installed, look into its category for similar infinity sources.
Thank you . indeed similar items are to be found in the editor here:
Attachments
Bildschirmfoto 2024-04-22 um 13.28.58.png
Bildschirmfoto 2024-04-22 um 13.28.58.png (5.9 MiB) Viewed 352 times

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

Another question - when working in the editor I could switch of the status of the entity in the settings (empty burner - "show entity status icons") but not the disturbing red dots on the burner as shown - where is this off-setting to be found?
Attachments
Bildschirmfoto 2024-04-24 um 19.43.27.png
Bildschirmfoto 2024-04-24 um 19.43.27.png (533.48 KiB) Viewed 227 times

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

Uninstall the bottleneck mod, it adds those dots.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Return to “Gameplay Help”