Pipe network glitch, too complex?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Tampa
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Pipe network glitch, too complex?

Post by Tampa »

I have had this happen before, but today I loaded up the game after the last update. Updated two mods and then installed one more. After this loaded up my usual save file, it was loading about twice as long as it normally does. Then I see the electrical network not producing enough even though the reactor is capable of twice the output. Sure enough, same as before, the pipe network supplying the heat exchangers doesn't appear to be properly loaded. Water is not flowing through everything as it should be and some pipes are empty despite having plenty of pumps.

All I have to do to resolve this is remove a pipe from the network and it seems to check the whole network again to realize it is actually complete and the water starts flowing again. Course I put that pipe back after.

I can only speculate as to why, but something during game load is causing the pipe network to appear incomplete or something not connected and the game thinks that part of the network isn't actually connected to the rest. The reactor has two sides that behave this way and I have made two save files for each side before and after replacing the pipe.

Unfortunately the saves are modded, but I uploaded them along with the current log file here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Loading them might not exhibit the issue, but I hope saving the broken and working state the difference can be seen in them. Sorry that they are so large :(

I'm not sure if this is a bug or just a glitch in how pipe networks are processed and the complexity of it causing this to happen. The smaller reactor I built before does not exhibit this issue, but its network is a lot smaller too. If this is a known thing I will just split the networks to be less complex and hope that is enough.

Return to “Gameplay Help”