1 Track with 2 train stops

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Mark100
Inserter
Inserter

1 Track with 2 train stops

Post by Mark100 »

..i actually try to set up but i don't find any information how to set up the train stops. Or maybe i make a mistake with the rails but they seem good connected, but when i drive the train on my own it won't go further in a curve, it has such thick ends on the rails and 1 mm of rail is missing but i don't know how to get this together without that gap. I always get the message saying "no path". On which side of the track do they train-stop-signs have to be, on the right side when looking into the direction i want to go ?

Edit: actually i ran the train from one train stop to the other, the rails are ok, so that cannot be the problem. For sure i set the train stops wrong anyhow, but how is right ?

ratchetfreak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: 1 Track with 2 train stops

Post by ratchetfreak »

mouse over the train stop and make sure the arrows are in the right direction

things that go beside the track are sensitive to what side they are on

Mark100
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Mark100 »

Checked that, the yellow arrows of the stops are pointing into the right direction, but still "no path"

Edit: but i saw in this tutorial video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idOaZpX8lnA that the guy made 2 nooses at the end of the track. I just made a track and at each and i set up the train stop, maybe this is the problem ?

bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobucles »

Trains are murrikan; they obey signals on the right handed side of the track. Make sure your track is set up for that. I don't know of any map setting or mod that makes trains work left handed.

Be careful setting up signals for a 2-way rail. All signals should be paired up so the train knows it can go both ways. Generally it's just easier to start the first track without using signals.

Mark100
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Mark100 »

I don't use signals, i just have the train stops. But i solved the problem, it was the nooses, now it all works fine, thx for helping

Mark100
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Mark100 »

But..what about when i use 2 locomotives and between them a wagon, do i need the nooses then also ?

mngrif
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mngrif »

Mark100 wrote:But..what about when i use 2 locomotives and between them a wagon, do i need the nooses then also ?
Nope. It will go between both stops in that configuration without the loops.
My Silly Factorian Tricks
<_aD> OBSERVE SIGNAL ASPECT BEFORE CROSSING TRACK

Return to “Gameplay Help”