Using the Machine Gun on the tank. Cant get it to shoot

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Hogweed
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Using the Machine Gun on the tank. Cant get it to shoot

Post by Hogweed »

How do you get the machine gun on the tank to shoot? The Cannon shoots with the space bar, but when I press Q to switch to the machine gun, and it does highlight that it switched ( to the right), I press space bar and nothing happens. I do have ammo in the gun. I can take a snapshot if needed!

Appreciate any help!

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Using the Machine Gun on the tank. Cant get it to shoot

Post by orzelek »

Hogweed wrote:How do you get the machine gun on the tank to shoot? The Cannon shoots with the space bar, but when I press Q to switch to the machine gun, and it does highlight that it switched ( to the right), I press space bar and nothing happens. I do have ammo in the gun. I can take a snapshot if needed!

Appreciate any help!
You need a target to shot with machine gun or use C key (by default) to force fire at something.

Hogweed
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Hogweed »

Ok- I will give that a try! Thank you!!

bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobucles »

All the hitscan weapons are smart fire. They'll only shoot if there's a hostile, and they'll automatically hit.

Vehicle smgs are mounted on a turret that has to rotate in order to fire. The command to rotate is given only when the turret is told to shoot and has something to shoot (rather than tracking sooner or following the mouse), so there is some lag involved.

Return to “Gameplay Help”