Long distance travel ... not a stright line?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
goku90504
Inserter
Inserter

Long distance travel ... not a stright line?

Post by goku90504 »

okay wanting to know how fast I could get the tank I cleared a section of forest to a waters edge then got my tank between two minor base sections that ran the other direction and backed up to the waters edge I did this so that when I went forward with the tank I'd go through the opening between the two sections but when I came back my path had shifted vertically and I ran right through the radar and into the roboport behind it rather than the blank space below them like I had intended ... what happened? at no time did I hit anything other than "w" or "s" after getting lined up in the blank section between the two base segments

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Long distance travel ... not a stright line?

Post by Peter34 »

Your Tank might not in fact have been driving at an exact 90/180/270/360 degrees angle, but very slightly off. It can be hard to see sometimes. Try hitting F4 and then using the debut interface to enable the grid.

Another possible explanation is that your tank ran over some Trees or something along the way. I don't know that that can't cause the Tank to shift sideways a bit (but without turning, I'm sure).

ccik
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ccik »

Did you drive over any conveyor belt? If so, that's why the tank shifted.

goku90504
Inserter
Inserter

Post by goku90504 »

no conveyer it was a large patch of wild terrain that I'd cleared a path of tree's by going back and forthwith the tank a few times previously an the base segments in question were just some power towers roboports and a radar part of a chain connecting two larger bases but no conveyer or anything else like that out there

Return to “Gameplay Help”