Screen caps

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Hazard
Inserter
Inserter

Screen caps

Post by Hazard »

How do you take screen caps in this game? And how do you manipulate them, although I take that is an independent program.

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Screen caps

Post by FreeER »

Assuming you mean take a picture of the game, I just press the Print Screen button on my keyboard (often abbreviated as prt sc or prt scr) then open up any photo editor (Microsoft Paint or GIMP for instance) and paste the image in
<I'm really not active any more so these may not be up to date>
~FreeER=Factorio Modding
- Factorio Wiki
- My Factorio Modding Guide
- Wiki Modding Guide
Feel free to pm me :)
Or drop into #factorio on irc.esper.net

SilverWarior
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Screen caps

Post by SilverWarior »

While using of Print Screen works it is a but clumbs as you need to switch to another application everytime you take a screen shot. And if you forget to pause your game prior switching to another application... I think you know what I'm getting at.

So I would recomend implementing the ability for Factorio to take a screenshot and imediatly saves it into a file. Allegro graphical library has a function al_save_bitmap yust for that.
http://alleg.sourceforge.net/a5docs/ref ... ave_bitmap

I'm not sure how exactly does it works but I asume you could even kame screenshot without the ingame GUI visible. This could come especially handy for sharing screenshots of our magnificent factories.

Return to “Gameplay Help”