Organizing

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Garwan50
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Organizing

Post by Garwan50 »

Hey,

usually when i play factorio, i make a custom map with all ressources close to each other.

Now i play in a random generated world and, it's way more harder.

I'm already struggling so i wonder what it will be like in the end xd.

Do you have any advice ? Here's my setup :

I don't have a lot of ressources i need to seek for other places.
I want to start automated search.

If you have any tips or advice i'll take it,

thanks !
Check out the factorio french community !/Allez faire un tour sur le site fan français !
www.factorio-fr.com
French Wiki/Wiki français

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Organizing

Post by Koub »

Hi,

I have just one advice for now : in most cases (like really most), if you're playing vanilla, the copper cable on belts is a bad move : usually, at that state of your game, you need them to make green circuits, and it's a far better move to produce your cables where you need them, and do direct insert (an inserter takes the cable from assembling machine and inserts into the machine that needs the cable directly).
The math behind that : you need a lot more throughput to convey copper cables than to convey the same amount of copper in plates.

Exceptions are when you really don't need much copper cables (as to build red circuits). But believe me : you'll need a sh*itload of green circuits, so an even bigger amount of cables.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Garwan50
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Organizing

Post by Garwan50 »

Hey thanks for your answer,

i was afraid that directly producing copper wire would'nt be enough to produce enough science pack, but it's fine actually !

Thanks!
Check out the factorio french community !/Allez faire un tour sur le site fan français !
www.factorio-fr.com
French Wiki/Wiki français

Return to “Gameplay Help”