Passive/Active Provider Chest Priority

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Passive/Active Provider Chest Priority

Post by ssilk »

From https://forums.factorio.com/wiki/inde ... lk:Kovarex
Worked on adding the Passive Provider Chests in the wiki. I'd love to have a one-line summary as to what the actual difference is between the Passive and Active provider chests. I assume that bots will take items from active provider chests firs, but I can't confirm this. Teurlinx (talk) 18:12, 6 May 2014 (CEST)
Very good question. Does that know anybody?
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

tralala
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Passive/Active Provider Chest Priority

Post by tralala »

The content of active provider chests is delivered to both requester and storage chests whereas the content of passive provider chests is only delivered to requester chests.

This results in the following behaviour:
Passive provider chests are only emptied if there is a requester chest which has an unmet demand for those items.
Active provider chests are immediately emptied unless there is no space in a storage chest or the demand for that item in requester chests is already met.
Last edited by tralala on Tue May 06, 2014 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Uhm. Sorry, I made me not clear and clicked to early on save (was a long day). :oops:

I meant: Till v0.8 it was clear, that if you have a requester chest which requests copper for example, the copper is first taken from the provider chest and then (if empty) from the storage chests.

Now with v0.9 we have the acitve and passive providers. Same situation: A requester chest requests copper. It's clear, that the storage chest is empties at last. But is the copper first taken from the active or passive provider chest?
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

tralala
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by tralala »

Ah I see. Sorry I don't know.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

I've actually been testing this recently, I've tried all kinds of different setups ie having active chest nearby while passive is far away, or vice versa. And it seems that in every situation the bots will go to the nearest chest whether it be active or passive. Conclusion is, the only difference between the two chests is what tralala put in his post.

Return to “Gameplay Help”