Signal energy consumption

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Sworn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Signal energy consumption

Post by Sworn »

Is it possible to output the current maximum energy output, the current energy needed and the current energy output to the network? So you can know if you are needing more energy generators. You can see that on the power windows, goes yellow/red when you get less then you need. But I was wandering if is it possible to output this to the network to make some crazy conditions.

Frightning
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Signal energy consumption

Post by Frightning »

Sworn wrote:Is it possible to output the current maximum energy output, the current energy needed and the current energy output to the network? So you can know if you are needing more energy generators. You can see that on the power windows, goes yellow/red when you get less then you need. But I was wandering if is it possible to output this to the network to make some crazy conditions.
I think you can by wiring an accumulator to the circuit network and using it's charge level to control the system, but idk enough about combinator contraptions to suggest how to make one. I suspect all you need to do is make a rate calculator (some1 made a topic about that here fairly recently if memory serves), and have it track the trend of accumulator charge level.

nuhll
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nuhll »

I dont think its possibel to read this stats at the moment without a mod. You can connect to accu and get the batery status ofc.

Sworn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sworn »

Yeh, i thought that wouldn't be possible.
Well thanks any way, with this news patch to the game i was wandering if was some change about this.

MalcolmCooks
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MalcolmCooks »

I've been giving this some thought
If you have an accumulator somewhere in your system, then as soon as you need more power, the accumulator will begin to discharge. So it's fairly trivial to detect when you don't have enough power, less trivial to calculate how much extra power you need. I know some people have built a system where they shut off parts of their factory when the accumulator levels drop below a certain point... so you could do the same thing, but turn on extra steam engines when the accumulator level drops below a certain point. You would probably want a fairly large array of accumulators instead of just one, so that it doesn't drop too quickly, but I think it should work - the result would be an oscillation with the accumulators constantly discharging and then charging again.

Return to “Gameplay Help”