Issue with oil barrels

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
snoopy82481
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Issue with oil barrels

Post by snoopy82481 »

I have scoured the seven interwebs and found nothing that is remotely helpful for my issue. I have several pump jacks at a far away oil pumping station loading into assemblers to train to my unloading station. My problem is, only 1 assembler sometimes 2 is being used out of the 4 that I have. the pipe shows no flow through anything past the first assembler. I have done few different builds with it, but I am still getting the same issue. I am running the vanilla build for reference.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Issue with oil barrels

Post by kingarthur »

how much oil is the pump jacks producing. each barrel needs 25 oil per production run and if you are not producing enough to fill the input buffer before each cycle one assembler will suck up all the oil.

mergele
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mergele »

A barrel is filled in 2 seconds, if your oilwells are depleted the pumpjacks will produce 0.1 oil per second without beacons. Therefore you would need to 125 times the production of one pumpjack in order for one assembly to not be sufficient. At 100% you will still need the production of 12.5 pumpjacks to outproduce a single assembly1.

snoopy82481
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by snoopy82481 »

Oh, okay. I did not do the math at all. I'll kill everything down to 1 assembler. I don't even have 12 pump jacks on one field

Frightning
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Frightning »

mergele wrote:A barrel is filled in 2 seconds, if your oilwells are depleted the pumpjacks will produce 0.1 oil per second without beacons. Therefore you would need to 125 times the production of one pumpjack in order for one assembly to not be sufficient. At 100% you will still need the production of 12.5 pumpjacks to outproduce a single assembly1.
1 second times crafting speed, which for assem2 is 0.75, so 1.(3)... secs per barrel, which since they store 25 crude oil, means a crude oil throughput of 18.75 crude oil/sec.

mergele
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mergele »

Frightning wrote:1 second times crafting speed, which for assem2 is 0.75, so 1.(3)... secs per barrel, which since they store 25 crude oil, means a crude oil throughput of 18.75 crude oil/sec.
I used assembler1 for my calculations.

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

mergele wrote:I used assembler1 for my calculations.
assembling machine 1 doesn't have fluid inputs
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

Thegrover
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Thegrover »

It might help to put a tank somewhere along the pipe as well, so that the pump jacks keep working even when there's no train for a while, then the barrels get loaded quickly whilst there's a small buffer.

I use rail tanker mod, and always load directly from and to tanks. With extra pumps to keep the tanks as full or empty as possible, when the tanks are empty (less than 10 units or so) the train departs, so it's never sat being loaded at 0.4 units per second at some outposts of mine

nobodx
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by nobodx »

I'm wondering, did they adjust the capacity for ther rail-tanker ?
A normal waggon with barrels can hold up to 40 (slots) x 10 (Barrels per slot) x 25 (Oil per barrel) = 10.000 units of crude oil

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

How long should the loading take in time? 3 hours?

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Return to “Gameplay Help”