Need Help with Roboports

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Hogweed
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Need Help with Roboports

Post by Hogweed »

Hi,

I forgot how the Roboport works, I know that when you place a 2nd one, there is a line that they need to connect to, to support each other. But what is the inner orange shadow box, and the green outer box. I am not sure how to setup the robotports overlaps so that they work properly together.

Thanks!!!

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Need Help with Roboports

Post by FreeER »

The green is where the logistic robots can build/repair, and the orange is where the logistic robots can deliver items, I believe...I haven't used them in awhile but it's something like that... a little bit of experimentation would reveal the mystery :) well, that or I'm certain someone else will answer properly soon :lol:

Hogweed
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Hogweed »

HAHAH!! Yes, please!! :D I dont want to set it up all wrong and then tear it down and rebuild, not a lot of room for too many mistakes!! Thanks for the thought though - Ill try it and see if i can determine that. but i need stuff damaged to verify and dont want the bugs indoors!

Hope someone can give me the lowdown!

Thank!!

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

It's (too) easy to have some structures damaged : take your shotgun, fire on a structure, and voilà ! Bug-free damage 8-)
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

Hey, FreeER is correct. Green is repair/build radius for construction bots, orange is delivery radius for logistic bots.

If you like, there is a couple videos in my playthrough(link in signature) about logistics. The videos are appropriately named.

Hogweed
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Hogweed »

Thanks FishSandwich (A Sandwich Lover!) - I watched a number of your videos, they are great! I "liked" all the ones I saw. Appreciate your efforts on making them. I am sure many people will find them extremely helpful since you broke them down in a step by step walk-though of all the major topics. Well Done! I was able to see how the roboport works and setup a system. I see that all the orange areas have to touch in order for the ports to connect with each other, and have logistic support, as well as repair (green) all around the edges.

Thanks!

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

Hogweed wrote:Thanks FishSandwich (A Sandwich Lover!) - I watched a number of your videos, they are great! I "liked" all the ones I saw. Appreciate your efforts on making them. I am sure many people will find them extremely helpful since you broke them down in a step by step walk-though of all the major topics. Well Done! I was able to see how the roboport works and setup a system. I see that all the orange areas have to touch in order for the ports to connect with each other, and have logistic support, as well as repair (green) all around the edges.

Thanks!
Oh, thank you. I don't get feedback on my videos very often so it's always nice to see a comment like this. :)

sillyfly
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sillyfly »

I'm watching most of your factorio videos as well, FishSandwich, and I find them very entertaining. It's just that commenting on Youtube is such a hassle that I never bother doing it :evil:

Return to “Gameplay Help”