How can I take only 1 item with inserter from belt despite capacity bonus?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
dyf123
Inserter
Inserter

How can I take only 1 item with inserter from belt despite capacity bonus?

Post by dyf123 »

Therefore, the bonus typically only applies when moving from machine/chest to machine/chest, and not from machine/chest to belt or belt to machine/chest.
The wiki says that the Inserter capacity bonus technology is not effect for the Non-Stack Inserter's catching from machine/chest to belt or belt to machine/chest, it's only 1 bonu at the past version(0.12.x).

Now I found that the capacity of Non-Stack Inserter's catching are be effected by this technology and is increase with the upgrade of the technology.

I know the new feature of Stack Inserter, but the key word is Non-Stack Inserter and from machine/chest to belt or belt to machine/chest. If the Non-Stack Inserter's capacity is increase where 's catching from belt to chest or inverse, why I does not use the Stack Inserter.
Last edited by dyf123 on Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.14.21] Inserter capacity bonus from belt to chest

Post by Rseding91 »

0.13.0 changed it to work as it does now.

Stack inserters and normal inserters can both move multiple items from belts/anything. They have a mixed research tree.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

dyf123
Inserter
Inserter

Post by dyf123 »

Rseding91 wrote:0.13.0 changed it to work as it does now.

Stack inserters and normal inserters can both move multiple items from belts/anything. They have a mixed research tree.
Can it been fixed? I need the capacity of Non-Stack Inserter's catching from machine/chest to belt or belt to machine/chest is only 1.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

dyf123 wrote:

Can it been fixed? I need the capacity of Non-Stack Inserter's catching from machine/chest to belt or belt to machine/chest is only 1.
It's not broken. It's supposed to work like it does now.

dyf123
Inserter
Inserter

Post by dyf123 »

Rseding91 wrote:
dyf123 wrote:

It's not broken. It's supposed to work like it does now.
It is not like that at past. Can Non-Stack Inserter check the source of thing been catched from?

I can use the Stack Inserter instead If I need to catch many items from belt or to belt.

Or just say it: How can I catch only 1 item with Non-Stack Inserter from belt?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

dyf123 wrote:It is not like that at past.
Yes, we keep changing the game as we release new versions.

dyf123
Inserter
Inserter

Post by dyf123 »

Rseding91 wrote:
dyf123 wrote:It is not like that at past.
Yes, we keep changing the game as we release new versions.
I know that. It's good. But just answer me: How can I catch only 1 item with Non-Stack Inserter from belt? Without upgrading the goddamn Inserter capacity bonus technology?

If the Non-Stack Inserter and Stack Inserter can catch many items from belt or to belt, what different are they ?

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

dyf123 wrote:How can I catch only 1 item with Non-Stack Inserter from belt?
viewtopic.php?f=193&t=35380

dyf123
Inserter
Inserter

Post by dyf123 »

DaveMcW wrote:
It work but is very hacked. :cry:

I hope No hacked. And answer me: if the Non-Stack Inserter and Stack Inserter can catch many items from belt or to belt, what different are they? The feature of Stack Inserter is it can catch many items from belt or to belt, but is not for Non-Stack Inserter.

To spare some check code, then break the rule?

dyf123
Inserter
Inserter

Post by dyf123 »

DaveMcW wrote:
test.png
test.png (496.43 KiB) Viewed 7943 times
Forgive me that I play in chinese, but Maybe you can understand the position of what the function is.

It is helpless because my Non-Stack Inserter is controled by another signal from red line and it's different from the signal of the thing it pick from the belt.

Yoyobuae
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Yoyobuae »

dyf123 wrote:Forgive me that I play in chinese, but Maybe you can understand the position of what the function is.

It is helpless because my Non-Stack Inserter is controled by another signal from red line and it's different from the signal of the thing it pick from the belt.
Use (EVERYTHING < 1) as condition instead, that way the inserter will be limited to pick up one item (since it turns itself off) and it can also be turned off by another signal (say GREEN=1). You will need to isolate the inserters from each other, though.

and you don't need the constant combinator that's used in the thread DaveMcW posted. That's only really necessary for filter inserters / stack filter inserters.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Moved to gameplay help.

dyf123
Inserter
Inserter

Post by dyf123 »

Yoyobuae wrote:
dyf123 wrote:Forgive me that I play in chinese, but Maybe you can understand the position of what the function is.

Use (EVERYTHING < 1) as condition instead, that way the inserter will be limited to pick up one item (since it turns itself off) and it can also be turned off by another signal (say GREEN=1). You will need to isolate the inserters from each other, though.

and you don't need the constant combinator that's used in the thread DaveMcW posted. That's only really necessary for filter inserters / stack filter inserters.
If I want to turn on the inserter with the signal?

Return to “Gameplay Help”