Never attacking enemies?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
luciferdern
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Never attacking enemies?

Post by luciferdern »

Hey, I'm brand new to this, I brought the game last night and spent 20 hours on it, congrats devs this is fantastic.
I've had one problem however, in the demo I played, enemies would attack in ever increasing waves, I found this super fun, as it stopped me from getting complacent and provided a challenge.
However, going into free play mode, I was never attacked, I didn't have peaceful mode ticked. (I assume that tick box is for peaceful mode and not 'enemies never attack first') I managed to make a huge base with science labs automated and radars, yet still nothing came at me... I've read that pollution causes them to attack, I must be pumping out a fair bit but It doesn't seem to attract anything...
I don't like this, and there appears to be an option called 'enemies never attack first' but it has no tick-box so I can't disable it. Yet currently, I can't even see a reason why I would attack the groups of bitters in small camps... they don't seem to be bothering me and even if they decided to, I've had enough time to surround everything with gun turrets that auto refill ammunition... Am I missing something?

Hardison
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Never attacking enemies?

Post by Hardison »

Make their bases more frequent, richer and bigger. That is best if you like to be under pressure all of the time. When they are set to normal it really take a huge amount of pollution to attract their attention enough for them to start attacking you in waves like you want. Mess around with the enemy setting when you create a new game to find the right combination for you, make sure you do not tick that box either... If you have in your current game then you will have to start a new one as far as i know.

Hope this helps! By the way - Most of time you have to attack the natives is because they are sitting on a nice big pile of iron or copper, or you need to run some track through the area. Trust me, you have just barely scratched the surface of the game if all you have done is automate science.

luciferdern
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by luciferdern »

Thanks for the reply. I like the idea of the enemies pushing me to create new weapons, after all challenge breeds ingenuity. I'll have a play, thanks!

GewaltSam
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GewaltSam »

Hardison wrote: [...] make sure you do not tick that box either... If you have in your current game then you will have to start a new one as far as i know.
That's not correct. First, find out which key is the debug console (look it up in key bindings). The command is: "game.peacefulmode=false"

"true" instead of "false" (re-)activates peaceful mode obviously.

Return to “Gameplay Help”