Map generation parameters?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
warrends
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Map generation parameters?

Post by warrends »

I hate to ask this as I know the answer is already somewhere in here or the wiki. But cannot find it.

Generated a customized map and I love the parameters I set (including extra long research times). How can I (easily --- I am not a developer nor do I understand the command line stuff) either:
1) find out what parameters I set for this map so that I can start from scratch and generate another map for my next run through, or
2) can I somehow generate another map in-game just using the parameters as they exist somewhere in the system that I have not yet found?

TIA for any help.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Map generation parameters?

Post by orzelek »

Go to load game and use the map exchange string button.
Then you can paste it in new game setup and it will set all the settings to match.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

1) In the load menu select the generated map and copy the map exchange string, start new game and enter the string to get the same settings.
2) Either with method above as well or you can simply load the save file and click on restart.

warrends
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by warrends »

Thank you both!! Doing this it looks like I have the option of beginning with exactly the same map (restart) or generating a new map with the same parameters as the old one (with the map exchange string).

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

warrends wrote:Thank you both!! Doing this it looks like I have the option of beginning with exactly the same map (restart) or generating a new map with the same parameters as the old one (with the map exchange string).
Map exchange string should save the seed, too - so they'll both provide you identical copies.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by 5thHorseman »

"Restart" generates a new map with the same parameters.
The exchange string lets you play the exact same map.

Return to “Gameplay Help”