processing units for L3 modules

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Gregorovitch
Inserter
Inserter

processing units for L3 modules

Post by Gregorovitch »

I've been doing some math, having never got this far in the game before, around making the level 3 modules. I set up one each speed, productivity, and efficiency L3 module factory, each with two level 2 factories to of same type to supply them (and 2 Level 1's to support them etc). I've been looking at the requirements for blue circuits for the L2 and L3 factories and the result shocked me so much I felt I had to check here in case I'd got this completely wrong - I don#t want to build all this and feel like a total idiot for not needing it all........

L3 module factory requires 5 blue circuits per 60 ticks, so x3 = 15 per 60 ticks.
L2 module factory requires 5 blue circuits per 30 ticks, so x6 = 60 per 60 ticks.

Total blue circuit consumption therefore = 75 per 60 ticks.

One blue circuit factory makes one blue circuit per 15 ticks, so 4 per 60 ticks, so 19 blue circuit factories required to supply module factories (each consuming 80 green circuits per 60 clicks = 1520 per 60 ticks....)

WTF???!!!!!

Is this real or have a got a decimal point or two wrong somewhere here?

sillyfly
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: processing units for L3 modules

Post by sillyfly »

Use Factoratio : https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=5&t=4616

I have not looked at your exact calculations, but yes - L3 modules require tons of green circuits.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: processing units for L3 modules

Post by Koub »

Well right now, I have my factory producing almost exclusively level 3 modules. It's clearly not ratio-optimized, as I'm a little starved in level 1 modules to produce level 2 and 3, and I'm underproducing red and blue circuits (but have enough stock not to be starved during my measurements).

I'm producing on average 0.6 lvl 3 modules every minute, and to achieve that, I already use 900 green circuits by minute. To achieve 1 of each lvl 3 modules by minute, I would therefore probably need 50% more green circuits, that's around 1350 every minute, so yeah you basically need a shitload of greens to produce a level 3 module :)
Attachments
Factorio production lvl 3 modules.JPG
Factorio production lvl 3 modules.JPG (154.51 KiB) Viewed 1572 times
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “Gameplay Help”