Is there a fix to the Uranium Mining + Sulfuric Acid Problem

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Indiglow
Inserter
Inserter

Is there a fix to the Uranium Mining + Sulfuric Acid Problem

Post by Indiglow »

Specifically, you cannot place a drill on a place that produces infinite ores that contain Uranium and Saphirite because Saphirite Infinite Ores requires the new Sulf Acid and Infinite Uranium will not accept Sulf Acid (new) but instead needs to be converted to old Sulf Acid.

So.....if I place a Drill that harvests both Infinite Saphirite and Infinite Uranium, and pump Sulf Acid (new) into it, it will start working and pumping out Saphirite....until it starts to harvest a Uranium which it immediately stops because it needs Sulf Acid (old). You can't convert mid-pump as it switches from one to the other so there is no way to currently mine it....

Anyone have a fix?

arbarbonif
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Is there a fix to the Uranium Mining + Sulfuric Acid Problem

Post by arbarbonif »

Why do you have uranium if you have the angel's ores? By default you would get uranium from processing the angel ores. Is this a map from an old save/version?

Indiglow
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Indiglow »

arbarbonif wrote:Why do you have uranium if you have the angel's ores? By default you would get uranium from processing the angel ores. Is this a map from an old save/version?

No, this is an updated version. I have bobs ores as well. I guess I have to disable the option for uranium ore then?

arbarbonif
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by arbarbonif »

You should only have the 6 Angel's ores. All the Bob's/Vanilla ores should be obtained through the various processing steps in Angel's.

Indiglow
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Indiglow »

arbarbonif wrote:You should only have the 6 Angel's ores. All the Bob's/Vanilla ores should be obtained through the various processing steps in Angel's.

On my map is
Coal
Saphirite
Stiritite
Jivolite
Crotinnium
Uranium

So, I have 6....

arbarbonif
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by arbarbonif »

By default, you should have Saphirite, Stiritite, Jivolite, Crotinnium, Bobmonium, Rubyte (the six Angel's Ores) and coal (which I had forgotten). You can make all the ores from those. They don't all show in the starting zone, but they should show up some place and you shouldn't have anything else. I don't know why you would have uranium as an option. Assuming you are running the standard bobs/angels. If you are not running Bob's, that might explain it. I know that the without bob's it is different and not really supported well (it basically works but bob's is needed for the more interesting options).

Indiglow
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Indiglow »

arbarbonif wrote:By default, you should have Saphirite, Stiritite, Jivolite, Crotinnium, Bobmonium, Rubyte (the six Angel's Ores) and coal (which I had forgotten). You can make all the ores from those. They don't all show in the starting zone, but they should show up some place and you shouldn't have anything else. I don't know why you would have uranium as an option. Assuming you are running the standard bobs/angels. If you are not running Bob's, that might explain it. I know that the without bob's it is different and not really supported well (it basically works but bob's is needed for the more interesting options).

I'm running Bob's also.

Searching this forum shows MANY people having this same issue with not having Rubyte or Bobmonium and there's no explanation for it. The questions have gone unanswered and ignored. One of these mods does not play well with angels

Frost
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Frost »

Indiglow wrote:
arbarbonif wrote:By default, you should have Saphirite, Stiritite, Jivolite, Crotinnium, Bobmonium, Rubyte (the six Angel's Ores) and coal (which I had forgotten). You can make all the ores from those. They don't all show in the starting zone, but they should show up some place and you shouldn't have anything else. I don't know why you would have uranium as an option. Assuming you are running the standard bobs/angels. If you are not running Bob's, that might explain it. I know that the without bob's it is different and not really supported well (it basically works but bob's is needed for the more interesting options).

I'm running Bob's also.

Searching this forum shows MANY people having this same issue with not having Rubyte or Bobmonium and there's no explanation for it. The questions have gone unanswered and ignored. One of these mods does not play well with angels
It is not the Bobs and Angels Combo (I am assuming you are running .16?). It runs perfectly fine. Either people mess with the settings or you guys have some mods that modify ore generation other than RSO. Update these mods in the mod browser, get rid of anything that might interfere, reset the mod settings and generate a map. Let us know.

arbarbonif
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by arbarbonif »

In the other post you were saying that the processing recipes were giving iron pebbles and such. That is what happens without bob's plates. I'd double check to make sure that you are running bob's as well, it doesn't sound like you are and I think that would explain your problems.

Jackalope_Gaming
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Jackalope_Gaming »

The only time Uranium should be enabled with Angel's Ores/Refining is if you don't have Bob's Ores/Plates. In addition to Saphirite, Stiratite, Jivolite, and Crotinnium, you should be seeing red Rubyte and brownish Bobmonium patches if you have the proper Bob's mods enabled.

If you definitely have all the necessary Bob's mods running then it sounds like there's some sort of bug or mod mismatch caused when an update subtly changed things.

Indiglow
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Indiglow »

Jackalope_Gaming wrote:The only time Uranium should be enabled with Angel's Ores/Refining is if you don't have Bob's Ores/Plates. In addition to Saphirite, Stiratite, Jivolite, and Crotinnium, you should be seeing red Rubyte and brownish Bobmonium patches if you have the proper Bob's mods enabled.

If you definitely have all the necessary Bob's mods running then it sounds like there's some sort of bug or mod mismatch caused when an update subtly changed things.

Well, there's the problem.

I don't have Bob's Plates. No where anywhere does it say you need Bob's Plates. It says you need Bob's Ores, but zero mention of plates. Bob's Plates are required in order for Rubyte and Bobmonium to show up. Otherwise, they won't and you can't create concrete without them.

Return to “Angels Mods”