Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Ashtoruin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by Ashtoruin »

Mobius1 wrote:Vanilla factorio + Infiniteores and refining works, when loading with bobplates and boblibrary it shows the listed error
http://prntscr.com/f321td

The line referred on the error is due to the recipe ingredients on the blacklisted loop, its returning "nil", probably your recipe table and bob's recipe tables are different so they mismatch in the loop.

Also on the infiniteores mod its listing "config" as nil when we load it with bobores:
http://prntscr.com/f327xk

Your mods and bob's mods are having table mismatch I believe, which is causing all those issues.

Wish I could help more with some sort of callstack trace or something :/
Same issue, downgrading bobplates to 15.2/15.0 did not help either :(

arlb
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by arlb »

I think I've managed to fix the issue with infinite ores; it looked like it was just an API change by Bob's mods, though I could be wrong. I generated a few maps with Bob's ores + Bob's plates + Angel's infinite ores, and the results look normal to me.

I've attached data.lua and bob-options.lua, which replace the versions currently in Angel's infinite ores.

The `bob-options.lua` file can be found in the `prototypes/generation` directory inside infinite ores.

I have also been running into the issue with Angel's refining, though I think that was already mentioned in this thread or elsewhere: the recipe table format has been changed, and the override function still expects the old format. I've logged the following as the new recipe format:

Code: Select all

{
 type = "recipe",
 name = "explosives",
 category = "chemistry",
 crafting_machine_tint = {
  primary = {
   r = 0.955,
   g = 0.945,
   b = 0,
   a = 0,
  },
  secondary = {
   r = 0,
   g = 0.441,
   b = 0.659,
   a = 0.898,
  },
  tertiary = {
   r = 0,
   g = 0.288,
   b = 0.365,
   a = 0,
  },
 },
 normal = {
  energy_required = 5,
  enabled = false,
  ingredients = {
   1 = {
    type = "item",
    name = "sulfur",
    amount = 1,
   },
   2 = {
    type = "item",
    name = "coal",
    amount = 1,
   },
   3 = {
    type = "fluid",
    name = "water",
    amount = 10,
   },
  },
  result = "explosives",
 },
 expensive = {
  energy_required = 5,
  enabled = false,
  ingredients = {
   1 = {
    type = "item",
    name = "sulfur",
    amount = 2,
   },
   2 = {
    type = "item",
    name = "coal",
    amount = 2,
   },
   3 = {
    type = "fluid",
    name = "water",
    amount = 10,
   },
  },
  result = "explosives",
 },
}
I think the difference new is that everything inside `normal` and `expensive` used to be flat within recipe (and obviously only once occurrence). I'd be happy to try to fix this, but I'm not clear on what the function is supposed to be doing, or how much Angel minds other people messing with his mods.

Edit: It looks like not all recipe tables have been changed to this new format; some still only have 1 `ingredients` field in the recipe table.

Edit x2: After doing some digging into the issues with Angel's refining; I've got Factorio to get past the error above; next, it looks like basic circuit boards were moved from Bob's Plates (i.e., MCI) to Bob's electronics; this then breaks Angel's refining at `prototypes/recipes/refining-entity-bob.lua:201`, as well as other mods that check for Bob's plates. This isn't an issue if you have Bob's electronics installed. I've managed to get a game started with the following mods (As well as others, but they are unrelated to this): (Angel's Warehouses, Angel's Infinite Ores, Angel's Refining, Bob's Inserters, Bob's Assembly Machines, Bob's Electronics, Bob's Library, Bob's Greenhouse, Bob's Logistics, Bob's MCI, Bob's Mining, Bob's Ores). I'll upload the file changes later tonight when I have a chance in case anyone wants to look at them/confirm it is working.

Edit x3: Okay, I've attached the files needed to get Angel's and Bob's running together. The following replaces the corresponding file in `angelsinfiniteores/prototypes`:
localization-override.lua
(3.86 KiB) Downloaded 170 times
The following replaces the corresponding file in `angelsrefining/prototypes`:
override-functions.lua
(20.15 KiB) Downloaded 170 times
Attachments
bob-options.lua
(2.49 KiB) Downloaded 145 times
data.lua
(12.42 KiB) Downloaded 135 times
Last edited by arlb on Tue May 02, 2017 5:03 am, edited 3 times in total.

bluesam3
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by bluesam3 »

nagapito wrote:
bluesam3 wrote:Using Steejo/Arumba's mod list

(AAI Programmable Vehicles, Add Loader, Advanced Logistics System, Angel's Ores, Angel's Petrochem, ArumbaLights, AutoDeconstruct, AutoFill, AutoTrash, Bob's Mods, BottleNeck, BottleNeck Logistics, Bullet Trails, Burner Leech, Copy Assembler Pipe Direction, Bot Recaller, Crafting Combinator, Crafting Speed Research, Enchanced Map Colors, Expanded Robot Tech, Factorissimo 2, FARL, Foreman, GDIW, Handy Hands, Item Count, Larger Inventory, Laser Beam Turrets, Late Upgrades, Lightweight Inventory Sort, Loader Rotation Fix, Math Co Processor, Minimap Autohide, Nanobots, Orbital Ion Cannon, Picker Extended, Rail Tanker, Remove Mod Names, Research Revolution, RSO, Score Extended, Shiny Bob, Slow Key, Smarter Bot Recharge, Squeak Through, Text Plates, Tree Collision, Undecorator, Upgrade Planner, Vehicle Snap, Warehousing, What Is It Used For, YARM),

plus Angels Smelting, several researches have "water-washing" as a prerequisite, which doesn't exist in the mod.
Fixed for readability purposes.

Do you have the latest versions for Angels mods for v14? More specifically angels refining 0.6.13?
Urgh, I read those, and thought they were the same number. Apparently, reading is hard. Sorry.

Yann20x
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Yann20x »

arlb wrote:Okay, I've attached the files needed to get Angel's and Bob's running together. The following replaces the corresponding file in `angelsinfiniteores/prototypes`:
override-functions.lua
I can confirm that this is working fine (so far).
Playing with the same mods as arlb listed.

Ashtoruin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ashtoruin »

arlb wrote: Edit x3: Okay, I've attached the files needed to get Angel's and Bob's running together. The following replaces the corresponding file in `angelsinfiniteores/prototypes`:
override-functions.lua
You Sir are not only a gentleman but a scholar as well.

Darkoro
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Darkoro »

The following bug occurs when I have the new (0.6.3) version of the infinite ores mod.
Failed to load mods: Error while loading entity prototype "angels-ore1" (resource): Value must be a string in property tree at ROOT.resource.angels-ore1.localised_description[1]

Modifications: angelsinfiniteores

Mods to be disabled:
[*]angelsinfiniteores

ZlovreD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ZlovreD »

"name": "angelsinfiniteores"
"version": "0.6.3"

Error while loading entity prototype "angels-ore1" (resource): Value must be a string in property tree at ROOT.resource.angels-ore1.localised_description[1]
Modifications: angelsinfiniteores › rso-mod

Fix: localization-override.lua
From

if bobmods and bobmods.plates then
	    data.raw["resource"]["angels-ore1"].localised_description={"entity-description.angels-ore1-bob", {}}
		data.raw["resource"]["angels-ore2"].localised_description={"entity-description.angels-ore2-bob", {}}
		data.raw["resource"]["angels-ore3"].localised_description={"entity-description.angels-ore3-bob", {}}
		data.raw["resource"]["angels-ore4"].localised_description={"entity-description.angels-ore4-bob", {}}
		data.raw["resource"]["angels-ore5"].localised_description={"entity-description.angels-ore5-bob"}
		data.raw["resource"]["angels-ore6"].localised_description={"entity-description.angels-ore6-bob"}

data.raw["item"]["angels-ore1"].localised_description={"entity-description.angels-ore1-bob", {}}
		data.raw["item"]["angels-ore2"].localised_description={"entity-description.angels-ore2-bob", {}}
		data.raw["item"]["angels-ore3"].localised_description={"entity-description.angels-ore3-bob", {}}
		data.raw["item"]["angels-ore4"].localised_description={"entity-description.angels-ore4-bob", {}}
		data.raw["item"]["angels-ore5"].localised_description={"entity-description.angels-ore5-bob"}
		data.raw["item"]["angels-ore6"].localised_description={"entity-description.angels-ore6-bob"}
To

if bobmods and bobmods.plates then
	    data.raw["resource"]["angels-ore1"].localised_description={"entity-description.angels-ore1-bob"}
		data.raw["resource"]["angels-ore2"].localised_description={"entity-description.angels-ore2-bob"}
		data.raw["resource"]["angels-ore3"].localised_description={"entity-description.angels-ore3-bob"}
		data.raw["resource"]["angels-ore4"].localised_description={"entity-description.angels-ore4-bob"}
		data.raw["resource"]["angels-ore5"].localised_description={"entity-description.angels-ore5-bob"}
		data.raw["resource"]["angels-ore6"].localised_description={"entity-description.angels-ore6-bob"}

data.raw["item"]["angels-ore1"].localised_description={"entity-description.angels-ore1-bob"}
		data.raw["item"]["angels-ore2"].localised_description={"entity-description.angels-ore2-bob"}
		data.raw["item"]["angels-ore3"].localised_description={"entity-description.angels-ore3-bob"}
		data.raw["item"]["angels-ore4"].localised_description={"entity-description.angels-ore4-bob"}
		data.raw["item"]["angels-ore5"].localised_description={"entity-description.angels-ore5-bob"}
		data.raw["item"]["angels-ore6"].localised_description={"entity-description.angels-ore6-bob"}

arlb
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by arlb »

I should also point out that my fix is only a temporary one; it will only modify the `normal` recipe, not the `expensive` one if the recipe table also has that. I wasn't sure if there is a way to detect which recipes are being used, but just wanted to get the mods running together.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

arlb wrote:I should also point out that my fix is only a temporary one; it will only modify the `normal` recipe, not the `expensive` one if the recipe table also has that. I wasn't sure if there is a way to detect which recipes are being used, but just wanted to get the mods running together.
I included some of your fixes for now, thank for the contribution :) A real fix for the functions is in the making, but probably will take some more days. I'm also a bit low on free time for the next couple of days, so I'm trying to make everything run somewhat for the moment. Thanks for the patience to all of you.

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

Arch666Angel wrote:
arlb wrote:I should also point out that my fix is only a temporary one; it will only modify the `normal` recipe, not the `expensive` one if the recipe table also has that. I wasn't sure if there is a way to detect which recipes are being used, but just wanted to get the mods running together.
I included some of your fixes for now, thank for the contribution :) A real fix for the functions is in the making, but probably will take some more days. I'm also a bit low on free time for the next couple of days, so I'm trying to make everything run somewhat for the moment. Thanks for the patience to all of you.
And suddenly, I see the rest of the mods updated and my heart jumped a beat....

THANK YOU!!!!!!!

I was mentally prepared to wait one more week or so

npuldon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by npuldon »

Jivolite textures looks to be the same as uranium (different color of course). All the other angel's ores seem to be reflect the new textures aside from jivolite. Not sure if this is on purpose or if has something to do with the RSO mod and not your mod.

Cheers

omagaalpha
Inserter
Inserter

Post by omagaalpha »

for some reason Angel smelting does not like angel refined

176.710 Error ModManager.cpp:782: Error while loading recipe prototype "nodule-crystallization-1" (recipe): Difficulty normal: Recipe must have at least one result product.
modsList

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

angel, quick changes to fix other mods:

logistics,

prototypes\entities\crawler-train, line 94 and line 284

energy_source =
    {
      type = "burner",
becomes

burner =
    {
      fuel_category = "chemical",
prototypes\buildings\cargo-roboport, line 137
prototypes\buidings\construction-roboport, line 139
prototypes\buildings\relay-station, line 115 and line 230
prototypes\buildings\zone-expander, line 115 and line 230

default_available_logistic_output_signal = "signal-X",
default_total_logistic_output_signal = "signal-Y",
default_available_construction_output_signal = "signal-Z",
default_total_construction_output_signal = "signal-T",
becomes

default_available_logistic_output_signal = {type = "virtual", name = "signal-X"},
default_total_logistic_output_signal = {type = "virtual", name = "signal-Y"},
default_available_construction_output_signal = {type = "virtual", name = "signal-Z"},
default_total_construction_output_signal = {type = "virtual", name = "signal-T"},

pressure tanks, prototypes\buildings\pressure-tanks.lua, line 70, add this after flow_sprite

gas_flow =
      {
        filename = "__base__/graphics/entity/pipe/steam.png",
        priority = "extra-high",
        line_length = 10,
        width = 24,
        height = 15,
        frame_count = 60,
        axially_symmetrical = false,
        direction_count = 1,
        animation_speed = 0.25,
        hr_version =
        {
          filename = "__base__/graphics/entity/pipe/hr-steam.png",
          priority = "extra-high",
          line_length = 10,
          width = 48,
          height = 30,
          frame_count = 60,
          axially_symmetrical = false,
          animation_speed = 0.25,
          direction_count = 1
        }
      }

Also, on angels logistics, localization file, line 15 and line 34, the storage key has the storage capitalized, so it fails to find the resource.

Besides this changes, all seems to be working.
Hope this helps you instead spending your time chasing the new changes.

ps: components mods needed no change besides the expected base version change

CitizenJoe
Inserter
Inserter

Post by CitizenJoe »

I think the conversion ratios for iron > steel ingots are off. By default bob's normal steel recipe yields one steel plate for every two iron plates, but advanced iron smelting yields 6 steel ingots for every 24 iron ingots instead of 12, making it a vastly inferior conversion.

morcup
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by morcup »

The Angel's Petrochemical mod doesn't seem to have overridden carbon for making basic electronic components. I've attached a picture, but basically the electronics assembling machines are expecting Bob's Carbon, and not Angel's Petrochemical carbon, but that is the only kind available to make.
Attachments
carbon not working.png
carbon not working.png (2.16 MiB) Viewed 6639 times
Check out my server.
Server thread at: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=35528

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

morcup wrote:The Angel's Petrochemical mod doesn't seem to have overridden carbon for making basic electronic components. I've attached a picture, but basically the electronics assembling machines are expecting Bob's Carbon, and not Angel's Petrochemical carbon, but that is the only kind available to make.
Bob's added some normal/expensive recipes to some items like basic electronic components or lithium-ion batteries and the override function angel uses does not accommodate for that...

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

I think I have a solution to fix the override of normal and expensive recipes.
It works but I have the feeling other issues might exist also with disabling/hidding normal/expensive recipes, that I didnt addressed, since I dont have an example to see what is happening and how to properly fix.

Solution, angels refining mod, file prototypes\override-functions.lua, line 214, replace the whole adjust_recipe function for the following code:

removed to avoid mistakes. Update the mod, a new version is already out that fixes this issue
While LUA is just another programming language and who codes one "codes" all, my Lua experience is almost inexistent, so this is the most elegant solution I found while trying to avoid chaos in the code. Surely Angel will find a better way of doing it.

To Angel: I think the same situation applies with enabling and hiding recipes. The normal/expensive table is what actually has the enable property, not the recipe itself, so the current code might not be doing anything and if I understand it correctly, it would even break if you tried to disable a recipe that actually had the normal/expensive format. Or maybe dont break and does nothing or maybe the recipe.enable will override the normal.enable/expensive.enable... I dont know :P
Last edited by nagapito on Thu May 04, 2017 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Daemoria
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Daemoria »

I can confirm the Carbon issue morcup is having. I just added the Angel's mod today, so you can see both the original Bob's carbon, and the new Angel carbon. The new carbon is not accepted in the electronic component assembly machines. As there is no way to convert, I guess this bug has frozen the factory until the recipe gets modified. :|

I am not playing with 'expensive production' or whatever the world setup was, that you are refering to, nagapito. I don't think it's at fault here.
Attachments
carbon.jpg
carbon.jpg (1.87 MiB) Viewed 6609 times

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

Daemoria wrote:I can confirm the Carbon issue morcup is having. I just added the Angel's mod today, so you can see both the original Bob's carbon, and the new Angel carbon. The new carbon is not accepted in the electronic component assembly machines. As there is no way to convert, I guess this bug has frozen the factory until the recipe gets modified. :|

I am not playing with 'expensive production' or whatever the world setup was, that you are refering to, nagapito. I don't think it's at fault here.
Its not about playing with expensive. Before, there was only one way to configure a recipe, now there are two, the previous way and a second way where the developer can configure a normal and an expensive recipe.

Bob changed some recipes to the new system and angels override code is not supporting the new system, even if the new normal recipe is equal to v14. Some other items from bobs are still using the v14 system, so, some stuff angel overrides works, other stuff, like carbon doesnt.

Surely a new version will be released with the fix as soon as Angel is able but if you dont want to wait, you can try changing the file with the solution I posted above your post

morcup
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by morcup »

Ok thanks for looking into it. I'm pretty illiterate with code but I will give it a shot.
Check out my server.
Server thread at: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=35528

Return to “Angels Mods”