YouTube Commentors

Discussion related to promoting Factorio.
Dysoch
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: YouTube Commentors

Post by Dysoch »

kovarex wrote:
ssilk wrote:It's cool to drive train while placing the poles. Pum. Pum. Pum. Pum. Pum....
It is even better to mass create that using blueprints pum pum pum pum. ..... ah you don't have it yet :)
now that is what i call trolling :P (and mean :P, we want 2 xD)
Creator of:
- DyTech
- DyWorld
- DyWorld-Dynamics
- DyWorld-Dynamics 2
Active since Factorio 0.6

Nirahiel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nirahiel »

Yet no one answered me about the fact that I wanted to make youtube videos.

MCDomYT
Inserter
Inserter

Post by MCDomYT »

Nirahiel wrote:Yet no one answered me about the fact that I wanted to make youtube videos.
If you want to make videos then go ahead :-) there will be people out there who will watch them!

i started a freeplay series of factorio and also have plans for mod spotlights and update videos :-) been playing this game for quite a while and finally decided to record.
Thanks
MCDomYT
(Dom)

http://www.youtube.com/MCDomYT

Aavak
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Aavak »

slpwnd wrote:Also saw both videos and also liked them. Well done and thanks for mentioning the hedgehog, he is constantly having identity issues and this made him really happy ... :D
This gave me a good chuckle! I'm far more pleased than I should be at the thought of making a hedgehog happy, lol.

Also, it seems the game has been a fairly big hit with my regular viewers, I suspected it would, but there's considerable desire for a full LP. Hopefully I'll manage to find some time soon to start one, but for now at least a few people have picked up the game to tide them over until then :D

Pandamonium
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Pandamonium »

Aavak wrote:
slpwnd wrote:it seems the game has been a fairly big hit with my regular viewers
Aavak! It's your fault I've been playing this game for hrs a day and forgetting to go to sleep.
I'm at work sleep deprived now...

:twisted:

Haha, seriously though, thanks for making the video.

iOverpowered
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by iOverpowered »

kovarex wrote:
Eruyaean wrote:I'm sorry to revive this thread but I don't want to create a new one with basically the same topic.

You see, I love the game and I think it doesn't quite get the attention it deserves. So what about this idea: the devs should contact totalbiscuit aka the cynical brit aka John Bain about a "WTF is...? " episode featuring factorio. He is a quite popular and well known youtubet who does first impression videos (and other gameplay videos). AFAIK he is also known to support indie-devs.

I really think you should give it a try :)
Hello, thank you for the support.
We already tried to contact totalbiscuit during our indiegogo campaign. We got no response. We will try it again definitely, but after 0.8 and new trailer is out (along the greenlight attempt).
So? Did you attempt to contact him again now that the new trailer is out? I love his videos and his opinion is important to me, one of the only times i didnt agree with him was for The Binding of Isaac, i felt like he just didnt get it, i hope if he covers Factorio (which would be awesome, you guys deserve it!) that he can appreciate what you guys are doing. The only thing i think he might criticize would be some of the graphics settings (not that i think its an issue, but he has an obession with settings :p) Hope you guys get more and more and more coverage! I truly believe you can be the next 'Minecraft!' Awesome job guys! Say hi to the hedgehog for me!

Sorry for bringing up an old post.

DjParagon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DjParagon »

Aavak wrote:The above image links to the first of the videos, which in turn has links to the second. The videos cover the early setup (up to getting an automated bullet production and some base defence) but focus mostly on the feel of the game, with a brief glance at the end at one of my current free-play maps to show off some of the later game technologies. Again, presented more as impressions or first taste videos rather than full Let's Plays.

Although these videos are already public, if anyone notices any mistakes I've made, please do let me know. I hope to record a full Let's Play of Factorio once I have the time (I came across the game through another person's LP, as it happens) so any tips or corrections now would be greatly appreciated :)
Hey man, I just started watching your stream replays on youtube. I really like it !

I first started to watch Construction + Factorio's Let's Play which is pretty fun, he's a bit faster although maybe less efficient than you, but he does not have the live chat to help/confuse him, he he. I finally catched up the series and now, so while waiting for the new episode, I'm watching your videos.

I'm about episode 13 I believe. Can't wait for more Alien action and to see if your going to make a train station some day ^^

You guys are a great source of knowledge about Factorio, I've learned a ton of stuff watching you, so thank you, and keep them coming !
Can't wait to start my own factory !

Return to “Spread the Word”