Totalbiscuit was talking about Factorio

Discussion related to promoting Factorio.
undeadnightorc
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Totalbiscuit was talking about Factorio

Post by undeadnightorc »

So I was watching a Hearthstone streamer called Trump on twitch.tv and Totalbiscuit showed up in the chatroom (not a fake, it was the real deal). Someone mentioned Factorio to him and he said " Factorio is in early access, when it comes out, I'll no doubt have a look at it." Then the topic switched to shirts he was selling, lol.

muzzy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Totalbiscuit was talking about Factorio

Post by muzzy »

TB is totally pissed about early access games and the impossibility of reviewing them. Do you review the buggy alpha stuff that's unfinished and criticize it accordingly, or do you review the potential the game has? And what if that potential never materializes and the game ends up abandoned? Or what if the game content significantly changes and the review becomes completely irrelevant?

Reviewing unfinished games is a mess and TB doesn't want to have anything to do with it.

SilverWarior
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SilverWarior »

The biggest problem about reviewing early access games is that you practically need to rerewiew it after every update. If you don't you will be quickly olverloaded with a huge amount of E-Mails saying "X drawback or bug was fixed in Y version. Your review is wrong."

That is why most pepole avoid rewiewing early access games.

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

Wau, that is great news :D

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Yes, I also know he doesn't review early access and I totally understand it. At least his video would really describe Factorio in its final stage. It created new argument in team debates for me: "TB would totally criticize this" :)

Anyway, great knews, Nerd cubed and TB ... what more could we ever want :)

Return to “Spread the Word”