Nerd³ Apparently In Love with Factorio

Discussion related to promoting Factorio.
DedlySpyder
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Nerd³ Apparently In Love with Factorio

Post by DedlySpyder »

I've been hoping for a while that Nerd³ would find Factorio and do something for it, and he posted on Twitter today that he found it and made a video on it. I imagine this will give the game a nice bump.

His first tweet about it

Manti
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Nerd³ Apparently In Love with Factorio

Post by Manti »

I is supposed to be a lenghty video, coming up probably next week. Should be a really big bump. Really really big bump.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

So it is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=locdqx4 ... bEUQBMx-ww

Really great video, and he is praising Factorio more than I could imagine.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

kovarex wrote:So it is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=locdqx4 ... bEUQBMx-ww

Really great video, and he is praising Factorio more than I could imagine.
This is awesome, should hopefully bring some much needed fanbase to this game. :)

jeroon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jeroon »

Great video, and he's playing it the way it should be played :D

One thing: the power sign on newly placed steam engines that are powered but not connected should be removed. It drove Nerd^3 crazy, and I'm pretty sure he's not the first :D Get rid of it!

undeadnightorc
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by undeadnightorc »

Wow, I knew it was only a matter of time before Nerd discovered the game. I have yet to see any youtuber give a bad review of the game... it's that good!

Was anyone surprised that he didn't start off with a mining drill already in his inventory? And that he had to manually craft one?

jeroon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jeroon »

undeadnightorc wrote:Was anyone surprised that he didn't start off with a mining drill already in his inventory? And that he had to manually craft one?
He had been playing for a bit before he started his video (he had half the tech tree unlocked for example), so I think he just deleted everything he had built, and started again for the video.

SkaceKachna
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by SkaceKachna »

undeadnightorc wrote:Was anyone surprised that he didn't start off with a mining drill already in his inventory? And that he had to manually craft one?
Watch the whole thing, he was playing in his developed save, but few miles from his base, to give first impression probably...

Also, I found out about this game thanks to this video, I completed the demo ... and I fell in love.

iRodri
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by iRodri »

I saw his tweet and then started searching for this game, I saw the trailer and I loved it, immediately bought it (I haven't bought any game without playing a demo/watching a gameplay in years). As of today, I must have spent about 20h in the game, it's amazing.

silverdwaggy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by silverdwaggy »

I also went to buy this as soon as I watched NerdCubed's video. I actually wasn't even expecting the game to have as much content as it already does and I have already lost two days because of this game!

Developers are doing an amazing job with this and I'm extremely excited to see how far they can push it :D

RedPlatinum
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by RedPlatinum »

i found this game from that vid as soon as he said "it is a game about automation" i just had to get it... and i'm glad that i did :P

Anders1398
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Anders1398 »

I've used Dan (Nerd^3) to find interesting games for a while now and when I saw the tweet I knew Factorio would be good but now I've played it I'm still surprised at how amazing a job the developers did!

Helmrider
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Helmrider »

I too came here following Nerd³'s video, and fell in love wondering how to get started though but thought I might poke my head in here first to show thanks to the person who brought me here. :)

MrFastZombie
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by MrFastZombie »

When that video came out, I was happy to see that Dan made a video on it. The game really could have used a boost in sales! :D
If I have not taken your brain yet, I don't hate you.

mrhanman
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by mrhanman »

I've had my eye on this game for quite a long while. I tired the demo a few times, but never felt quite enough for it to pull the trigger, at least not at the price point. After I saw Nerd³'s video, his enthusiasm for it pushed me over the edge and I got it. I'm really glad I did, and I'm looking forward to seeing where this game is headed!

I'm not even a regular Nerd³ viewer. I just happened upon the video one day.

The Colonist
Inserter
Inserter

Post by The Colonist »

I bought Factorio thanks to this video and I do not regret it at all. :D

intertel
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by intertel »

I don't watch Nerd, just not my style, too loud, too fast, but my son does. So last night my son says "Hey Dad, I saw a game you might like". So I watched a bit of video at 8:00pm, downloaded the demo at 8:30pm, bought the game at 9:00pm, and then stayed up waaaaaay too late on a work night. I see tired days ahead.

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

intertel wrote:I don't watch Nerd, just not my style, too loud, too fast, but my son does. So last night my son says "Hey Dad, I saw a game you might like". So I watched a bit of video at 8:00pm, downloaded the demo at 8:30pm, bought the game at 9:00pm, and then stayed up waaaaaay too late on a work night. I see tired days ahead.
Awesome :)

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SHiRKiT »

intertel wrote:I don't watch Nerd, just not my style, too loud, too fast, but my son does. So last night my son says "Hey Dad, I saw a game you might like". So I watched a bit of video at 8:00pm, downloaded the demo at 8:30pm, bought the game at 9:00pm, and then stayed up waaaaaay too late on a work night. I see tired days ahead.
That's exactly the kind of fun stories that it's glad for me to read =]

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

SHiRKiT wrote:
That's exactly the kind of fun stories that it's glad for me to read =]
Exactly :)

Return to “Spread the Word”