Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

[WIP] Capsule turrets

Post by Choumiko »

Born from this thread: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =33&t=7543
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHX8jIfZ5Ps

Adds:
  • a turret that shoots all capsule types currently in the game
  • Magazines for the capsules (so you can still throw the capsules)
That's basically it for the moment, no tech dependencies (yet), all available from the start (though the recipes use stufff that need's research). I changed the lifetime of the robots to 20s (only affects robots from turret capsules), that's all the balancing done so far. I'm sure there's more needed.
Quickstart Cheat
Attachments
Capsule-Turrets_0.0.1.zip
(25.12 KiB) Downloaded 254 times

kyranzor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [WIP] Capsule turrets

Post by kyranzor »

ermagerd, this is awesome. Good work! This will make the robot overlords happy.

This capability can be fleshed out a little with some creation of a building rather than a turret, like a "drone sentry post" with the ability to request logistics items (drone capsules!). The underlying entity would probably still be a turret though..

And then by giving it a little bit larger radius, these can be set up along frontiers and train-loaded with fresh robot capsules for perimeter patrol/defence! Yay!

Peppe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Peppe »

I was looking to update use this in .12.

Looks like all it needed was some tweaks to use the new turrets and the capsule data structure changed a little bit.

All capsule magazines work and function as you would expect -- pretty neat, but I get a weird crash on hover of the turret.

When I hover over the capsule turret it hard crashes, but only when it has defender, destroyer, or distractor magazines in it. The other new magizine don't crash on hover.

What happens on hover and can it be disabled or modified? Is the game trying to calculate the ammo stats or something that maybe modules have not set or are set to zero, so it tries a divide by zero?

Factorio log cuts off before logging any stack trace:
Error seems to be in ntdll.dll Exception code: 0xc0000005 logged in event viewer -> application log

keyboardhack
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by keyboardhack »

Peppe wrote:I was looking to update use this in .12.

Looks like all it needed was some tweaks to use the new turrets and the capsule data structure changed a little bit.

All capsule magazines work and function as you would expect -- pretty neat, but I get a weird crash on hover of the turret.

When I hover over the capsule turret it hard crashes, but only when it has defender, destroyer, or distractor magazines in it. The other new magizine don't crash on hover.

What happens on hover and can it be disabled or modified? Is the game trying to calculate the ammo stats or something that maybe modules have not set or are set to zero, so it tries a divide by zero?

Factorio log cuts off before logging any stack trace:
Error seems to be in ntdll.dll Exception code: 0xc0000005 logged in event viewer -> application log
The game is never supposed to crash hard.
Report it as a bug here.
Attach the mod that causes the crash and the log file.
Although the log file doesn't write anything after it crashes it might still provide some indicators that only the devs can use.
Waste of bytes : P

Factorio2016
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Factorio2016 »

why this mod is still not updated? :)
English is not my native language. Translator.

Krayt
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Krayt »

actually I want to implement a mechanic like this for turrets in a mod I am developing. I already included several capsules (but no robots yet) as ammunition for a Grenade Launcher. The next step would be to make a Grenade Launcher Turret, equipable with capsules.

Return to “Mods”