Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[MOD 0.12.X] Liquid Plastic 1.0

Post by kasandraen »

Details:

Name: Liquid Plastic_1.0.0
Category: SimpleExtension
MOD Version: 1.0.0
Factorio Version: 0.12.x (Made and Tested with 0.12.29)
Latest Released: 25 Apr 2016
Dependencies: None
Description: Adds a liquid version of plastic, can be used to craft anything the solid form would in vanilla (Feel free to tell me if I should add compatability for other mods)
Author: Kasandraen
Homepage: https://github.com/Valerate/Liquid-Plastic
Download: https://github.com/Valerate/Liquid-Plas ... /tag/1.0.0
License: Free to use and distribute anyway you'd like
Long Discription
Download:
Attachments
Liquid Plastic_1.0.0.zip
(15.9 KiB) Downloaded 148 times

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.X] Liquid Plastic 1.0

Post by Qon »

I was thinking of something like this, but maybe for green circuits, plates, batteries, ores, coal, copper cables and gears since you use a lot of those. It doesn't really make sense at all with those (maybe plates though) but it would be cool anyways! q:

I have the fluid barrel mod for transporting liquids as items, so why not a item fluidizer for transporting items as fluids? I like the concept of this mod but limiting it to only plastic is it's biggest drawback. I don't really need to transport that much plastic, but the other items I listed are used a lot.

One way to handle this is with only a fluidizer recipe and an itemizer recipe for all the things, instead of altering all the recipes that uses those products. Just like crude oil barreling works but the otther way around. Multiple recipes for producing everything as liquid form as well as as an item + (at least) doubling all the recipes that use these products but now in liquid form will + more will create a combinatorial explosion. If you just have conversion from item to liquid and vice versa for all the relevant items you only need 2 new recipe per item.

How come you chose plastic? Are you open to fluidizing more items?

Also I don't see why liquid plastic should be more cheap/expensive than just using it as an item or why there would be losses in the conversion process. You made a config for it which is nice, but I want to know your reasoning why it would be different because I'm curious. Edit: forget about it. I thought you meant that there were losses in the conversion between liquid/solid. It makes sense that you use less plastic fluid than flastic bars.
Last edited by Qon on Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My mods: Capsule Ammo | HandyHands - Automatic handcrafting | ChunkyChunks - Configurable Gridlines
Some other creations: Combinassembly Language GitHub w instructions and link to run it in your browser | 0~drain Laser

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

Bug:
data.lua:5

Code: Select all

require("prototypes.recipes.recipesFluid")
Searches the folder "recipes". The folder is called "Recipes". Renaming the folder to "recipes" fixes the bug.
My mods: Capsule Ammo | HandyHands - Automatic handcrafting | ChunkyChunks - Configurable Gridlines
Some other creations: Combinassembly Language GitHub w instructions and link to run it in your browser | 0~drain Laser

kasandraen
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by kasandraen »

Qon wrote:I was thinking of something like this, but maybe for green circuits, plates, batteries, ores, coal, copper cables and gears since you use a lot of those. It doesn't really make sense at all with those (maybe plates though) but it would be cool anyways! q:

I have the fluid barrel mod for transporting liquids as items, so why not a item fluidizer for transporting items as fluids? I like the concept of this mod but limiting it to only plastic is it's biggest drawback. I don't really need to transport that much plastic, but the other items I listed are used a lot.

One way to handle this is with only a fluidizer recipe and an itemizer recipe for all the things, instead of altering all the recipes that uses those products. Just like crude oil barreling works but the otther way around. Multiple recipes for producing everything as liquid form as well as as an item + (at least) doubling all the recipes that use these products but now in liquid form will + more will create a combinatorial explosion. If you just have conversion from item to liquid and vice versa for all the relevant items you only need 2 new recipe per item.

How come you chose plastic? Are you open to fluidizing more items?

Also I don't see why liquid plastic should be more cheap/expensive than just using it as an item or why there would be losses in the conversion process. You made a config for it which is nice, but I want to know your reasoning why it would be different because I'm curious. Edit: forget about it. I thought you meant that there were losses in the conversion between liquid/solid. It makes sense that you use less plastic fluid than flastic bars.
I am trying to make a liquid-resources mod, my gf have made a texture for a blast furnace, so now I'm just trying make prototypes required.

Return to “Mods”