[MOD 0.12.X] Liquid Resources + Liquid Logistic

Topics and discussion about specific mods
kasandraen
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[MOD 0.12.X] Liquid Resources + Liquid Logistic

Post by kasandraen »

Details: I'm totally new to lua and I suck, but I have too much spare time (unemplyed) and I love to modding and love to learn. I'm am looking for help with these mods if anyone wants to help :) I also only have 1 rotation texture for the blast furnace so it gets broken when you rotate it if anyone is good with graphics

Name: Liquid Resources
Category:
MOD Version: 0.0.1
Factorio Version: 0.12.x (Made and Tested with 0.12.29)
Latest Released: -----
Dependencies: None
Description: Adds a liquid version of ores, can be used to craft anything the solid form would in vanilla (Feel free to tell me if I should add compatability for other mods)
Status: Currently only have the blast furnace working and Liquids ready, I've made a few recipes ready. The recipes isn't the issue, its mostly to get the functionality of the Blast-furnace I desire
Author: Kasandraen
Homepage: https://github.com/Valerate/Liquid-Resources
Download: https://github.com/Valerate/Liquid-Reso ... /tag/1.0.0 The basics work (the molten metals and recipes) But I havnt manage to get the heater air function to work.
License: Free to use and distribute anyway you'd like
Long Discription

Help needed:
1.I want a dummy boiler to be placed inside the blast furnace which consumes "hot air". This hot air changes the blast furnaces working speed depending on temperature (from what I understand, not possible yet?)
I'm new wirth lua, how would one register 2 entites created so that on tick update I can easily read and edit dummy steam engine nr 5403 and blast furnace nr 5403 together?
script.on_event(defines.events.on_built_entity, function(event)
if event.created_entity.name == "blast-furnace-1" then
local furnace=event.created_entity,

game.get_surface("nauvis").create_entity{name = "dummy-steam-engine", position = event.created_entity.position, force = game.forces.player}
local pair =
{
furnace = furnace()
engine = event.created_entity,

}
table.insert(global.lr.furnaces, pair)
end
end)
2. Is it possible to change a machines working speed through control in anyway?

3. What recipies would you like liquid version of? I assume I'll start with all Intermediates

Name: Liquid Logisitc
Category:
MOD Version: 0.0.1
Factorio Version: 0.12.x (Made and Tested with 0.12.29)
Latest Released: -----
Dependencies: None
Description: Adds a Liquid provider and Liquid requester chest. The provider will create dummy "liquid items" and the requester will convert these back to liquid.
Author: Kasandraen
Homepage: https://github.com/Valerate/Liquid-Logistic
Download: none yet, I have only made some textures haha
License: Free to use and distribute anyway you'd like

1. Basically the same as other, is it possible to register 2 entities at the same time? I would have a chest and a tank/assembly machine inside each other that interact. The tank/assembly machine reads the liquid (possible?) in connected pipe and starts porducing the dummy-liquid-item for this liquid. The items gets moved to the provider chest. Opposite with the request one

2. How do I prevent regular request chest from requesting these dummy-liquid-items? It it possible to make a specific robot type for fluids? (I've got texture for it)
Last edited by kasandraen on Tue May 03, 2016 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Galacticruler
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.X] Liquid Resources + Liquid Logistic

Post by Galacticruler »

Check out 5dim's electric trains, they constantly spawn "coal" in them when powered to keep them running.
EDIT:
Also, you may be able to get the liquids to convert to/from a fake liquid item via lua scanning the chests.
PC is best.

Return to “Mods”