Topics and discussion about specific mods
cheezit
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Unstable ground

Post by cheezit »

Any updates?

I love the Dune 2 concept.

But I'd like an intermediate challenge, I'd really like to see stable-ground manufactured as a very expensive resource sink for stone. Really expensive, like hundreds of stone per stable-ground tile.

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neemys »

cheezit wrote:Any updates?

I love the Dune 2 concept.

But I'd like an intermediate challenge, I'd really like to see stable-ground manufactured as a very expensive resource sink for stone. Really expensive, like hundreds of stone per stable-ground tile.
Having the stone ground pop with map generation AND be able to craft it with an expensive recipe ? I can edit my version to work that way but need some way to block the deconstruction. I will see what I can do next week end.
Want more space restriction ? Or maybe you want to be forced to use train for other thing than ore and oil ? Try Building Platform Mod !

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neemys »

Here my version of this mod with craftable building-platform. More information on my version some post earlier. In short you can place concrete and stone path anywhere and the building platform is a white concrete (placeholder). The craft for the platform is 100 stonebrick, 100 stone and 10 water for EACH tile. You can tweak the recipe as you like in "prototypes/recipe.lua". The recipe is unlocked at the same time as concrete. The bulilding platform is non minable so if you place some they can't be removed.
Beware, there is a migration script that replace all stonepath and concrete in the world to building platform (to migrate from OP's version), so if you add this mod to an existing save and don't want your road turn to building platform, remove the file in migration folder.

There is only a 0.12.35 version, I try to do a 0.13 version but the world generation seem to be broken so I need to redo it. As 0.13 own world generation seem buggy, I will wait that dev fix 0.13 world generation before fixing mine ;)
test-unstable_0.0.1.zip
Unstable Ground Neemys' version with craftable ground.
(354.03 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
I plan to clean the code, make it work on 0.13, make a config file and test it before posting it to mod portal. If you have any bug with the version I gave you, feel free to tell me.

Edit : If you load this mod in a save that have already unlocked concrete before. type in console

Code: Select all

/c game.player.force.reset_recipes()
It should give you the recipe to craft.
Want more space restriction ? Or maybe you want to be forced to use train for other thing than ore and oil ? Try Building Platform Mod !

imajor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by imajor »

Any updates? I would love to try out this mod. The version you attached in your previous reply is for 0.12 right?

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neemys »

imajor wrote:Any updates? I would love to try out this mod. The version you attached in your previous reply is for 0.12 right?
Yeah, I wrote a 0.13 version which is finaly working but hasn't release it yet. I want to add some things first. I will try to finish it this night then I will release it in WIP section of the forum to let people play with it while I test it more thoroughly. When I'm ok with it, I will release it in mod portal.

In case you haven't see, I'm not the original author of this mod. As he hasn't answer I will release my mod under a different name. My mod have a few more functionnality than the one by the original author.

imajor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by imajor »

Great, thanks a lot. Personally I think this is a pretty important mod. It makes every game different, while they are pretty much the same in vanilla (especially now that there is landfill). I always end up building the same blocks.

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neemys »

Here you go, an improved version, 0.13 ready : viewtopic.php?f=97&t=30053

It's still an early beta but it's working. If you have any problem please report them on this new thread.

imajor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by imajor »

Thanks a lot!

Return to “Mods”