Topics and discussion about specific mods
aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.13] Cartmen's Complete Overhaul [ALPHA v0.1.0]

Post by aklesey1 »

cartmen180 wrote:
Airat9000 wrote:
you mod comfortable in other mod future?
What do you mean with comfortable? You can reply in russian if you want.
Скорее всего он имел ввиду поддержку других популярных модов :D я бы хотел чтобы в bob ores был известняк (limestone), платина (platinum) и природный газ (natural gas)

P. S. Dysoch Зачем то выдумал новый металл ардит (ardite) 8-)
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Degraine
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.13] Cartmen's Complete Overhaul [ALPHA v0.1.1]

Post by Degraine »

Ardite is a metal in Tinker's Construct as well, aklesey1. I have no idea what inspired it, the word is not the name of a metal in real life and a quick Google search just shows that it is an Italian word.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

1) Cartmen will you change simple engine recipie unit and electric engine unit recipie? Will you add new types of craftable engines which can be like intermidiates? may be we can use engines in many types of machines
2) You planned the hydraulic parts like intermidiates, how about pneumatic parts?
3) I see you added detailed parts system, so that system have many intermediate components, someone can say thas very botring, but that's cool i think - will you se components like bearing like in bob mod? or electronic component like capacitor that was added in dytech some days ago?
4) What you think about cleaning water like in dytech?
5) Will there be appropriate in the game intermidiate components such as chains, pistons, rotors - iask because we have now some types of screws, rods and another
6) Glass for weapons, laser in wepaon? Several types of glass?
7) Will you change or improve accumulator ecipie from vanilla? What do you think about using litium like in bob mods?
8) Ideas for tungsten and cobalt using? Invar and nitinol using?

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

aklesey1 wrote:1) Cartmen will you change simple engine recipie unit and electric engine unit recipie? Will you add new types of craftable engines which can be like intermidiates? may be we can use engines in many types of machines
2) You planned the hydraulic parts like intermidiates, how about pneumatic parts?
3) I see you added detailed parts system, so that system have many intermediate components, someone can say thas very botring, but that's cool i think - will you se components like bearing like in bob mod? or electronic component like capacitor that was added in dytech some days ago?
5) Will there be appropriate in the game intermidiate components such as chains, pistons, rotors - iask because we have now some types of screws, rods and another
7) Will you change or improve accumulator ecipie from vanilla? What do you think about using litium like in bob mods?
8) Ideas for tungsten and cobalt using?
I will try to answer your questions in as much detail as possible.
1) Yes I already have changed the recipes for the engines and there will be more types of engines. Engines are also used in machines and inserters. There will also be special engines for use in logistic and construction robots.
2) Pneumatic parts are very interesting, I will take a look at it and see where I could use it.
3) There will be many components and it is likely that parts like bearings will be included.
4) For water to be usable in machines without clogging the pipes it has to be filtered. So cleaning water will be in at some point.
5) All of those you mentioned will be in the mod.
6) Interesting idea, I will see what I can do with it.
7) Yes, accumulators (and solar panels, steam engines, boilers for that matter) will be changed. Lithium will also be a material in this mod used mainly for batteries.
7) Tungsten and cobalt are both very hard materials. I am already using tungsten for ammunition and cobalt will be used in high tech miners and perhaps futuristic machines.
Check out my mods

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

cartmen180 wrote:
aklesey1 wrote:1) Cartmen will you change simple engine recipie unit and electric engine unit recipie? Will you add new types of craftable engines which can be like intermidiates? may be we can use engines in many types of machines
8) Ideas for tungsten and cobalt using?
I will try to answer your questions in as much detail as possible.
1) Yes I already have changed the recipes for the engines and there will be more types of engines. Engines are also used in machines and inserters. There will also be special engines for use in logistic and construction robots.
2) Pneumatic parts are very interesting, I will take a look at it and see where I could use it.
3) There will be many components and it is likely that parts like bearings will be included.
4) For water to be usable in machines without clogging the pipes it has to be filtered. So cleaning water will be in at some point.
5) All of those you mentioned will be in the mod.
6) Interesting idea, I will see what I can do with it.
7) Yes, accumulators (and solar panels, steam engines, boilers for that matter) will be changed. Lithium will also be a material in this mod used mainly for batteries.
8) Tungsten and cobalt are both very hard materials. I am already using tungsten for ammunition and cobalt will be used in high tech miners and perhaps futuristic machines.
Thanks for answers, I'm as the tester will contribute to the improvement of the mod, because as I understand there will be many elements in game, it will be many work to do
Age system intererstig too, but I don't understand the main hero what happened amnesia? Stone age? But why we have recipies for belts from vanilla? Need to think and sort the recipies to another ages in this system. This age system is pretty humor :D

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

aklesey1 wrote: Thanks for answers, I'm as the tester will contribute to the improvement of the mod, because as I understand there will be many elements in game, it will be many work to do
Age system intererstig too, but I don't understand the main hero what happened amnesia? Stone age? But why we have recipies for belts from vanilla? Need to think and sort the recipies to another ages in this system. This age system is pretty humor :D
The hero with amnesia is just a backstory to make the readme a bit more fun to read :p

As I mod my way through the bronze age many of the recipes like belts will be replaced, but not before i replace them with something else.
Check out my mods

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

cartmen180 wrote:
aklesey1 wrote: Thanks for answers, I'm as the tester will contribute to the improvement of the mod, because as I understand there will be many elements in game, it will be many work to do
The hero with amnesia is just a backstory to make the readme a bit more fun to read :p

As I mod my way through the bronze age many of the recipes like belts will be replaced, but not before i replace them with something else.
Bronze for belts - isn't so fat? may be use simple iron? we need copper and tin for electronics i think ;)

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

aklesey1 wrote:
cartmen180 wrote:

Bronze for belts - isn't so fat? may be use simple iron? we need copper and tin for electronics i think ;)
Excellent suggestion, but it would mean you unlock belts even later. I will put some thought into it though and get back to you wkth an idea.
Check out my mods

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

Planks + copper screws and gears = cheap low tech belt :D
Also slow.

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

cpy wrote:Planks + copper screws and gears = cheap low tech belt :D
Also slow.
i like this :D
Check out my mods

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

State of the mod - 29th of January

I have managed to do a lot of work on the mod these last couple of days. So I proudly present to you the 0.1.2 update. A lot of the things i want for the bronze age have made it. Some of the gfx is just placeholder until i change them with the gfx that YuokiTani has made. I have included a wood processing technology inspired by Treefarm. It allows you to make plastic with cellulose and is of course based on realism. With cellulose you can also make ethanol, a fluid fuel that is used in the biofuel generator, a cleaner and more effective way to produce energy than burning coal.
It should be savegame compatible (i think)

Also an important milestone has been reached this week. 500 unique downloads of this mod! :D

Enjoy (the download link is in the first post)

edit: i found a bug with the coal generator spawning a fluid storage instead of a chest.
Check out my mods

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.13] Cartmen's Complete Overhaul [ALPHA v0.1.2]

Post by cartmen180 »

Okay, i fixed the bug with the generators, they should work fine now. I have also added the new gfx for the distillation and assembler 1-A

enjoy :)
Check out my mods

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.13] Cartmen's Complete Overhaul [ALPHA v0.1.3]

Post by cpy »

I can't wait to to play finished 0.1v mod, all eras, awesome stuff man. I like how you changed whole game! :D
I'm currently playing 0.0.latest.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Cartmen how to differentiate one copper ore from another copper ore? :?: They have identical texture - now this is very serious error - if so you need to change textures for all 3 types of ores, really
Cartmen tell please why you want to use 3 types of copper ore?

I think we need new texture for groud salt? i like textures in Youki industries mod, may you can find something similar?
And error with salt name - unknow key: "item-name.salt" in inventory and when dropping

Khaitos
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Khaitos »

I just wanted to post and thank you for making this mod. I can't wait to see what else you come up with!

Gecko
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Gecko »

cartmen180 wrote:State of the mod - 29th of January

Well... almost.
It deleted all my copper deposits in a radius of about 600 tiles distance round the worldspawn.

There's one problem and I don't think it's a problem at all, it's just me beeing dumb: There is no slot for rubber in the stoneage research lab but it is needed to research Hunting and Simple Electronics. HOW can I reseacrh with rubber?

EDIT: Wraped my thoughts around this and came up with an idea.
  • I'd suggest not to use 'vanilla' items for research but compile some items in a research crate (the idea from vanilla isn't that bad). The approach you are following is good (as far as realistic research items and more different ones instead of just an iron plate and an iron gear for first tier). But to force tha player to use a variety of items for reseach also forces you to have labs with lots of slots. Maby you can design a few realistic packs for each age and rather have 2-3 different reseach facilities than just one. I.e. one for woodworking, one for metalworking and one for electronics in stoneage. Woodworking may be finished in stoneage, so it can be replaced with a chemical reseach facility in bronze age. The next age would replace the metalworking with an alloy research facility.
    As the player progresses every age has it's own set of reseach facilities and reseach packs wich replace the former ones besides you need to do reseach from an prior age.

Disclaimer: This is a suggestion that - in my humble opinion - would make the mod more enjoiable. No criticism implicated!

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

Gecko wrote:
cartmen180 wrote:State of the mod - 29th of January

Well... almost.
It deleted all my copper deposits in a radius of about 600 tiles distance round the worldspawn.

There's one problem and I don't think it's a problem at all, it's just me beeing dumb: There is no slot for rubber in the stoneage research lab but it is needed to research Hunting and Simple Electronics. HOW can I reseacrh with rubber?

EDIT: Wraped my thoughts around this and came up with an idea.
  • I'd suggest not to use 'vanilla' items for research but compile some items in a research crate (the idea from vanilla isn't that bad). The approach you are following is good (as far as realistic research items and more different ones instead of just an iron plate and an iron gear for first tier). But to force tha player to use a variety of items for reseach also forces you to have labs with lots of slots. Maby you can design a few realistic packs for each age and rather have 2-3 different reseach facilities than just one. I.e. one for woodworking, one for metalworking and one for electronics in stoneage. Woodworking may be finished in stoneage, so it can be replaced with a chemical reseach facility in bronze age. The next age would replace the metalworking with an alloy research facility.
    As the player progresses every age has it's own set of reseach facilities and reseach packs wich replace the former ones besides you need to do reseach from an prior age.

Disclaimer: This is a suggestion that - in my humble opinion - would make the mod more enjoiable. No criticism implicated!
This.. is.. a.. great idea! I already had this planned for the iron age, but now that I think about it you make a lot more sense with implementing it for all the ages. Expect this idea to be implemented in the 0.1.4 release. (Also your iron deposits will disappear i'm afraid)
Check out my mods

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

Khaitos wrote:I just wanted to post and thank you for making this mod. I can't wait to see what else you come up with!
As I see that this is your first post I am especially grateful for the compliment :)
Stay tuned for the 0.1.4 release sometime next week, internet connection permitting of course.
Check out my mods

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

aklesey1 wrote:Cartmen how to differentiate one copper ore from another copper ore? :?: They have identical texture - now this is very serious error - if so you need to change textures for all 3 types of ores, really :x

I think we need new texture for groud salt? i like textures in Youki industries mod, may you can find something similar?
And error with salt name - unknow key: "item-name.salt" in inventory and when dropping
Don't worry my friend, i will make new textures for the different ores. I want to use 3 types because in the real world there are also different types. Some are very easy to use and others require a lot of refining to be useful. I had to come up with some way to reflect this in the mod and I feel this is a good one. This system will be expanded one for most ores but when it is finished i think you will be happy.
Check out my mods

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

cartmen180 wrote:
aklesey1 wrote:Cartmen how to differentiate one copper ore from another copper ore? :?: They have identical texture - now this is very serious error - if so you need to change textures for all 3 types of ores, really :x

Don't worry my friend, i will make new textures for the different ores. I want to use 3 types because in the real world there are also different types. Some are very easy to use and others require a lot of refining to be useful. I had to come up with some way to reflect this in the mod and I feel this is a good one. This system will be expanded one for most ores but when it is finished i think you will be happy.
I'm happy for you cartmen, let's see how can make them were really different? but for all 3 ores that's will be very hard, you must show imagination with new textures, although your innovation is not quite clear to all players, they should embrace the idea of this mod

Offtop - today i read new friday facts https://www.factorio.com/blog/post/fff-71 - rockets and may be spaceships, space exporation, it's like a breath of fresh air in future for factorio - what do you think about space exploration age in your mod, it is difficult to implement? I know your mod is young and i'm hurring with questions but i want to ask you

Return to “Mods”