[MOD 0.11.22] Galactic Trade Mod

Topics and discussion about specific mods
coopmaster
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.22] Galactic Trade Mod [WIP]

Post by coopmaster »

What is exactly the problem? I just was able to successfully use both of them. Make sure you copy the stlyes.lua file from my mod into the other mod folder and you edit the other mod's data.lua mod and place the line

Code: Select all

require("styles")
at the end. Also make sure that you put the code you showed me into my mod's control.lua on line number 32. If you need me to I can give you a copy of the control.lua file with the code in it and the data.lua file with the appropriate code in it.
Creator of the Galactic Trade mod

Syriusz
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Syriusz »

I do have styles included, but I do not have all items available to buy, like blue science pack, processing unit and items that use them...

coopmaster
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by coopmaster »

Syriusz wrote:I do have styles included, but I do not have all items available to buy, like blue science pack, processing unit and items that use them...
So I think the problem is that you don't have all of the base resources listed that don't have crafting recipes. If you give me a while (like until tonight or tomorrow) I can list all of the resources and post an updated list here. If you decide to do it on your own it would be great if you post it here for others. Next version I will have the game tell you what resources that need values are.

Syriusz
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Syriusz »

I think, that problem might occur when there are more than 1 recipe to make some item (like nitrogen from liquid air and nitrogen from liquid nitrogen). But yes, when added more fluids then more items appeared in shop. For now i have that list:
control
NAR adds so much liquid crafting so I have problem with tracking what may have multiple recipes, and to calculate cost, so it's great idea to add tool that will tell me what's wrong.
Anyway it's great mod, and if you manage to add economic, it would be great to play in multiplayer with factions- like one can focus on advanced chemistry (in stock it's simple but with NAR or some other mods...) and other can focus on mining or advanced crafting... It could be cool if there could be land owning system for that, then it could become something like Offword Trade Company :) it would be great.
Edit: I added more resources, and it cover most, if not all items in NAR, but it caused another (little for now, may be huge in future) problem: screen is to small for every item (some items are under toolbar) you may want to add pages. It would be best if you could divide it to groups same as in inventory, it would help with finding stuff too).
Last edited by Syriusz on Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

coopmaster
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by coopmaster »

Syriusz wrote:I think, that problem might occur when there are more than 1 recipe to make some item (like nitrogen from liquid air and nitrogen from liquid nitrogen). But yes, when added more fluids then more items appeared in shop. For now i have that list:
control
NAR adds so much liquid crafting so I have problem with tracking what may have multiple recipes, and to calculate cost, so it's great idea to add tool that will tell me what's wrong.
Anyway it's great mod, and if you manage to add economic, it would be great to play in multiplayer with factions- like one can focus on advanced chemistry (in stock it's simple but with NAR or some other mods...) and other can focus on mining or advanced crafting... It could be cool if there could be land owning system for that, then it could become something like Offword Trade Company :) it would be great.
I actually got a list of values that work for most, if not all items. I don't know the value of these resources so I just put them to 1 except for the ones you already had.
control

Syriusz
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Syriusz »

Thanks for help! it looks like now it is working!
Here are more for NAR with better balance:
control
I would like to know, if you will try to implement different pages for items (like in crafting- logistic, automatic, warfare etc.), because I have so many stuff, that i cannot see all of them... For now I will try to blacklist some of less important items (like wood or iron sticks), but pages would be cool. I hope it's not too much to ask :).
Edit: It could be great, if you could count tech price to item price (f.e. +1 for every red science, +2 for every green and etc. with or without counting tech in between). But I don't know if it is even possible or too difficult to implement...

coopmaster
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by coopmaster »

Syriusz wrote:Thanks for help! it looks like now it is working!
control
I would like to know, if you will try to implement different pages for items (like in crafting- logistic, automatic, warfare etc.), because I have so many stuff, that i cannot see all of them... For now I will try to blacklist some of less important items (like wood or iron sticks), but pages would be cool. I hope it's not too much to ask :).
Edit: It could be great, if you could count tech price to item price (f.e. +1 for every red science, +2 for every green and etc. with or without counting tech in between). But I don't know if it is even possible or too difficult to implement...

Thanks for the feedback, I will be sure to implement multiple pages in a future update and extra cost for tech. The tech cost should fix itself when I add the simulated factories since factories will have tech levels (planned anyways). But I will look into how it affects the price and will implement the tech cost if needed.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

coopmaster wrote:
Syriusz wrote:Thanks for help! it looks like now it is working!
control

Thanks for the feedback, I will be sure to implement multiple pages in a future update and extra cost for tech. The tech cost should fix itself when I add the simulated factories since factories will have tech levels (planned anyways). But I will look into how it affects the price and will implement the tech cost if needed.
author you have a good mod! for behold, I noticed a bug I have a blank screen when attempting to play with the other modes.
in particular, it does not work with Dytech with the Atomic Power modes

and other
I can throw you a folder modes. What would you protest because it is a pity that all the modes are I tested on 0.11.22 but how to turn your half mod falls off

list

diddlydum2
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by diddlydum2 »

I also had a problem trying to load this mod. Whenever I loaded it with CORE-DyTech-Core_1.1.3 it would only show a black screen. It worked fine with all other mods, so I assume its something unusual either this mod or dytech is doing. It's a shame, because this mod looks really cool, and I wanted to add it to my dytech playthrough. It unfortunately didn't show an error message so I don't know what the problem was.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

diddlydum2 wrote:I also had a problem trying to load this mod. Whenever I loaded it with CORE-DyTech-Core_1.1.3 it would only show a black screen. It worked fine with all other mods, so I assume its something unusual either this mod or dytech is doing. It's a shame, because this mod looks really cool, and I wanted to add it to my dytech playthrough. It unfortunately didn't show an error message so I don't know what the problem was.
and I have the same problem with some modes.

coopmaster
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by coopmaster »

Airat9000 wrote:
diddlydum2 wrote:I also had a problem trying to load this mod. Whenever I loaded it with CORE-DyTech-Core_1.1.3 it would only show a black screen. It worked fine with all other mods, so I assume its something unusual either this mod or dytech is doing. It's a shame, because this mod looks really cool, and I wanted to add it to my dytech playthrough. It unfortunately didn't show an error message so I don't know what the problem was.
The problem is that when my mod is trying to get the values of items, it's getting stuck in a loop. I will post a fix a little later once I figure out what items it's getting stuck on.

coopmaster
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by coopmaster »

Airat9000 wrote:
I just updated the mod to 0.2.2 which fixes your problem and adds in values for the DyTech mod, all you have to do is follow the "add support for mods" again and uncomment the lines in the config.lua file. The values aren't balanced, but it makes it to where the mod works. If you have any other problems or you find balanced values for the items, let me know. Thanks again for letting me know about this issue.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

coopmaster wrote:
Airat9000 wrote:
I just updated the mod to 0.2.2 which fixes your problem and adds in values for the DyTech mod, all you have to do is follow the "add support for mods" again and uncomment the lines in the config.lua file. The values aren't balanced, but it makes it to where the mod works. If you have any other problems or you find balanced values for the items, let me know. Thanks again for letting me know about this issue.
I have a black screen again, does not work with F mod, and does not work with Atomic power metal events, and a few others, I take off the folder with the modes that work with 0.11.22 can check?
because you still need to solve the problem of the compatibility modes, and the way your ship as much as a lot of memory to 4 gigs, but with 33 modes of 2 gig.
optimization is that it is not

file
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xv03y614qc5ptl6/mods.rar?dl=0
33 mods in check

coopmaster
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by coopmaster »

Airat9000 wrote:
coopmaster wrote:
Airat9000 wrote:
I have a black screen again, does not work with F mod, and does not work with Atomic power metal events, and a few others, I take off the folder with the modes that work with 0.11.22 can check?
because you still need to solve the problem of the compatibility modes, and the way your ship as much as a lot of memory to 4 gigs, but with 33 modes of 2 gig.
optimization is that it is not

file
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xv03y614qc5ptl6/mods.rar?dl=0
33 mods in check

I downloaded the mod files and it seems to be working. It just takes a while since it has a lot of items to find the values of. It will be faster when it has the base values of some of the items, but it also seems like you need to add the styles.lua and edit the data.lua files in order to make compatible without crashing. Although I would like to make better support for mods, I want to get my ideas for the mod done first. Eventually I will add more values for more mods in the config and maybe make it to where you don't need to add the styles.lua, but for now while my mod is in an early stage that's just the way it is.

diddlydum2
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by diddlydum2 »

Thanks for replying to my earlier post, with the new version I got to the point where I can load it in-game (I'm not sure if maybe I was just being too impatient earlier and not giving it time to load). Unfortunately, it now gives me an error when I try to use the buy chest, saying "__GalacticTrade__/control.lua:372: Unknown style tank-dytech-1_gt_button_style". I have found the "tank-dytech-1" item in dytech war, but it has the styles.lua in the folder, and I put requires "styles" in the data.lua. Not sure what I'm doing wrong! Sorry to to keep bothering you.

coopmaster
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by coopmaster »

diddlydum2 wrote:Thanks for replying to my earlier post, with the new version I got to the point where I can load it in-game (I'm not sure if maybe I was just being too impatient earlier and not giving it time to load). Unfortunately, it now gives me an error when I try to use the buy chest, saying "__GalacticTrade__/control.lua:372: Unknown style tank-dytech-1_gt_button_style". I have found the "tank-dytech-1" item in dytech war, but it has the styles.lua in the folder, and I put requires "styles" in the data.lua. Not sure what I'm doing wrong! Sorry to to keep bothering you.
on the forum post, there is a section for "Adding Support for Other Mods". Follow those instructions and you should be good.

diddlydum2
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by diddlydum2 »

coopmaster wrote:
diddlydum2 wrote:Thanks for replying to my earlier post, with the new version I got to the point where I can load it in-game (I'm not sure if maybe I was just being too impatient earlier and not giving it time to load). Unfortunately, it now gives me an error when I try to use the buy chest, saying "__GalacticTrade__/control.lua:372: Unknown style tank-dytech-1_gt_button_style". I have found the "tank-dytech-1" item in dytech war, but it has the styles.lua in the folder, and I put requires "styles" in the data.lua. Not sure what I'm doing wrong! Sorry to to keep bothering you.
on the forum post, there is a section for "Adding Support for Other Mods". Follow those instructions and you should be good.
After taking your advice and reading the support section again I realised I was adding the requires "styles" at the start instead of the end. Fixed that and it seems to work. Thanks again for being patient! :)

Edit: After actually opening the buy chest, it seems as though I can't get to the next page of items. Considering all my derps so far, I am sure its probably something I'm doing wrong. It is the double arrow on the right isn't it?

fuyuyuki
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by fuyuyuki »

geting the following issue event handler:_ _ GalacticTrade_ _/ control.lua:372: unknown style wooden-chest-medium_gt_button_style

diddlydum2
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by diddlydum2 »

fuyuyuki wrote:geting the following issue event handler:_ _ GalacticTrade_ _/ control.lua:372: unknown style wooden-chest-medium_gt_button_style
Have you read the "adding support for mods" section in the first post? I had the same problem. Make sure you add the 'require("styles")' at the end of the data.lua file, not the start. By the looks of things, it's the dytech machine module you've missed.

fuyuyuki
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by fuyuyuki »

diddlydum2 wrote:
fuyuyuki wrote:geting the following issue event handler:_ _ GalacticTrade_ _/ control.lua:372: unknown style wooden-chest-medium_gt_button_style
Have you read the "adding support for mods" section in the first post? I had the same problem. Make sure you add the 'require("styles")' at the end of the data.lua file, not the start. By the looks of things, it's the dytech machine module you've missed.
could i get a copy of your config.lua mine after doing that keeps telling me that there is an incorrect symbol

Return to “Mods”